Chapter Seven

I have to admit, this chapter is a bit boring, but I'm trying to get back into the groove of writing this book. It's been so long since I have. I promise it will get better soon, just give me a little time! Love you all and thanks for sticking with me!

~COPYRIGHT 2013~

*Aisling’s POV*

I woke up to the ringing of my cell phone next to my ear. I jumped up and grabbed it, putting it up to my ear.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Hey pretty girl,” Hunter’s voiced echoed through the receiver.

A smile appeared on my face. I was so happy to hear his voice. It had been nearly a week since he’d left and since I’d heard from him.

“Hey to you too,” I replied back, probably sounding like an idiot from all the happiness coming out in my voice.

“Why do you sound so happy?”

“Why do you think? I’m hearing your voice for the first time in nearly a week!”

He paused for a second and sighed. “Yeah, I’m really sorry for not calling you. Lance has our schedule filled up with shows; nearly one every night. And when we aren’t performing, we are practicing. I’m pretty exhausted. But it comes with the job!”

“It’s normal to be tired but Lance should give you a break once in a while. When you’re tired, you won’t perform your best. And you know how much he hates it when he thinks you aren’t performing your best,” I said, referring to the talk we had with him before we came back home. I still wasn’t happy with him. He made me feel like crap, like I was making Hunter a bad performer.

“Ais, he didn’t mean it that way.”

“Bullcrap! Do you remember what he said?” I questioned and then began to mock him. “She’s too much of a distraction. Ever since she joined you on the road, your shows aren’t up to their full potential. I know you could’ve done much better, even if you were in a cast.”

“Yes, I do remember him saying that but you know it’s not true. You’ve gone on the road with me before and you’ve never distracted me. I perform how I want to perform. It’s my fault if they weren’t up to full potential, not yours.”

“I don’t like him, Hunter.”

“At times I don’t either. But he’s the one that keeps my career going. If it weren’t for him, I wouldn’t be out here doing what I love to do.”

“If it weren’t for him, you wouldn’t have to be so far away from me,” I responded.

“You even said yourself that you knew it was going to happen sooner or later, babe,” he reminded me.