Ch.1

Kiera

I laid in bed, thinking about my "boyfriend" Messiah. Well, he's not actually my boyfriend, more like a lowkey. Only thing about it is that he treats me like a child around his friends and the outside world.

I know you're like, then why do you fool with him?

But, I've grown to fall in love with him, the way he treats me when we're alone is magical. Sparks fly every time I'm around him, and the kisses are just out of this world. He show me what other niggas can't. Every day and night, we're texting back and forth, flirting and what not.

It's just that when his friends are around, he throws shade, like he don't want to be bothered with me. Sometimes he'll even ignore me through the day, on up into the night. If his boys are around, they'll crack jokes about me, he joins in and laughs, while I'm just standing there, looking dumbfounded. When I run off with tears in my eyes, he never follows to check on me. Instead, I get a text message at night.

Friday 7:15am

I woke up and got dressed for my last day of school. Gladly, summer break will officially start today, at 12:30pm.

After I handled my hygiene, I started my short walk to school. There's a bus that comes this route, but I rather walk. I mean, it's beautiful outside, and those worrisome kids don't like to bathe half the time. So, NO! I refuse.

*Buzz, Buzz, Buzz*

I picked up my phone to see a had a new text message from "My Heart"

"Good morning, baby. Come by my crib after you leave school."

- Messiah

"Morning. No ride, moms have to work a double"

- Kiera

"Catch the bus or some shit."

- Messiah

Now don't get me wrong here, Messiah has a car. But, he don't want to be seen with me.

"Buses cost money that I don't have!"

- Kiera

"Catch a cab, I'll pay for it with my card."

- Messiah

It hurt that he was doing everything in his power to avoid picking me up.

"Whatever!"

- Kiera

----------------------------

I walked in school, not really feeling it. My friend Christy (Chris) came up to me grinning from ear to ear.

"Cheer up, girl! Today's the last day!" She cheered.

"Yeah, I know. I'm just feeling a little down." I sheepishly replied.

"Girl, forget about Messiah! I know that's why you're all sad!"

"Naw, I'm cool!"

"Ok, whatever!" She walked away to her first period.

School went by fast. Everyone was in there last class, waiting on the dismissal bell.

*DIIING*

I walked out of school, avoiding everyone. I grabbed my phone and headphones out my pocket, continuing my walk home. Messiah texted me and told me that the cab will be at my house at 1:00pm. It was already 12:45, I walked in the house to see my mom leaving out.

"Bye sweetie, I'll back tomorrow morning at 6:30am. Love you!" She kissed my cheek.

"Love you, too! Can I go over a friends house?" I asked.

"Sure, text me when you leave and no funny business."

"Okay, bye."

She rushed out. By then, it's was 1:02pm, the cab pulled up. I locked the door and hopped in, he drove me to Messiah's house, where he lived alone.

Once I got there, I texted my mom and told her I was gone. I knocked on his door for at least 15 minutes, and called 10 times.

He finally answered the door, smiling like an idiot about the conversation he was having on his phone. I walked and sat on the couch, while he walked upstairs. He've pissed me off already, begging me to come here, got me riding in taxies and shit, then he don't even answer the door or pick up his phone. So, I'm just going to kick it on this couch and watch a movie.

Thirty minutes into the movie, he came downstairs with a white tee, some sweatpants, and elite socks on.

He sat beside me and pulled me onto his lap. I shifted over and leaned on the armrest, stiffing my whole body.

"Wassup, baby? Why you sitting like that?"

I have him a "really" look. -__-

"You had me outside for 15 minutes!"

"Well, rest ya' body!"

I shook my head at him.

"Whatever, how am I getting home?"

"I don't know, ask Keri (his sister)! She suppose to be coming!"

Keri was the only person who knew about us. That's because they're twins and they refuse to keep secrets from each other.

I huffed at him. I'm tired of catching rides to see him.

"Aye, loose the attitude!"

"Fuck you!"

He looked at me with anger in his eyes. That's the thing about talking to older guys, you'll never know their next move.

"Why the hell you getting mad?"

Really?

"No reason, leave me hell alone!"

"You better watch who you talking to! I ain't one of your little friends!"

I tried to get up, but he tightened his grip around my waist.

"Hell naw, sit yo' ass down!" He yelled.

"Stop, Messiah!"

"Fine, you want me to take you home? Will that make you stop bitching?"

Tears ran down my eyes.

"You know what, just take me home now!"

"No, you're spending the night!"

"What am I suppose to sleep in?"

"I got a old shirt. Now stop finding excuses, I want to be with my baby tonight!"

He started kissing and sucking on my neck, leaving love bites. I moaned softly in his ear as he tugged on my shirt.

*Ring, Ring, Ring*

His phone rung, interrupting our moment.

"Wassup?" He sung into the phone.

"....."

"Yea, I'm down. Where at?" He pushed me aside.

"......"

"I'll be on in 30 minutes." He got up and headed to his room.

Well, I guess I'm going back home. 20 minutes later, he came back downstairs fully dressed.

"I'll pick you back up later!"

"No, I'll just stay home! Come on cause I'm ready to go the fuck home!"

He looked at me wild-eyed!

"You must've bumped yo' damn head! I don't play the bullshit, and you know it! So, cut that shit out! Smart ass mouth!"

"I just want to go home, Messiah"

We walked to the car. He pulled up at my house after 15 minutes. Before, I could get out, he pulled me back.

"No kiss? The fuck you on?"

I turned to kiss him on the lips, but he turned his head to the side, so I kissed his cheek instead. Oh, I forgot he don't want to even be seen with me.

"Fuck it!"

He pulled off as I went in the house.