While You Were Sleeping/Rescue Me

Hey readers! Here's the next chapter. I combined the next two episodes in order to make a longer chapter instead of two short ones. Hope you like it! :)

________

While You Were Sleeping

________

"...obtained from Nadia Petrova's blood." Dr. Wes' voice spreads through the abandoned lab from the voice recorder.

"Oh my god." Caroline mutters from hearing that Elena was infected with werewolf venom.

"So werewolves are real? I always thought that was, you know, a joke." Enzo said startling Caroline causing her to whip around.

Caroline stares on confused at the stranger, unaware of his intentions.

"Enzo. Don't be an ass." Charlie says coming up behind him.

"Charlie?" Caroline exclaims racing over to the girl and throwing her arms around her. "Where have you been? You just disappeared after the bitter ball."

Charlie laughs and hugs her back. "Ran into some... complications." She said not really knowing how else to describe it. "This is Enzo." She introduced her boyfriend to her friend.

Recognition crosses Caroline's face and she smirks over at Charlie.

"The Enzo." Caroline taunts.

"No the other one." Enzo jokes.

"Hush." Charlie fake scolds. "So, are you here for the reason I think you are?"

"Well, that depends on why Enzo is here?" Caroline said. After she had heard about the things Enzo had done, she wondered what Charlie saw in him. And her being Caroline, judges at first sight, or hear?

"The same reason you are." Enzo answered. "I want this vampire-feeding virus out of our lives."

"Why? You want your killing buddy back?" Caroline said with hostility causing Charlie to lightly roll her eyes at her friends judgy and totally expected behavior.

"Damon mentioned you get a little judgy." Enzo commented.

Charlie smirks at her friend remembering the other vital piece of information Damon told her. "He also said that you have a thing for accents too?"

Caroline looked down shyly at what Charlie was implying.

"Hey, I don't blame you. Accents are hot." She said glancing at Enzo who was smirking at her. "I'm more hurt at the fact that you didn't tell me. I mean, I had to find out from my brother."

Caroline winced at her accusing tone. "I know. I was going to tell you. I just never found the right time."

"No matter. Water under the bridge. But next time you hook up with an immortal hybrid I want to know about it. Anyway, we all know we're here for the same thing. The antidote." Charlie said and glanced at Enzo again. "And we can get it."

________ 

"Please tell me that's some good news." Elena said over the phone on which Stefan is talking to Caroline.

"Bad news... It's not the same virus." Caroline said disappointed.

"What is it?" Stefan asked.

"Dr. Creepenstein was working on the next phase of the virus. When Nadia was sick, he was experimenting on her blood and he figured out a way to extract the werewolf venom from her blood and put it in the virus." Caroline explained.

"Wait... what do you mean 'werewolf venom?' That means it's fatal." Stefan said causing Elena to freak out.

"Hello! You don't think I would just drop this on you without a silver lining! There's an antidote. It just requires you to come meet me. I'll text you the address."