I Know What You Did Last Summer

HELLO MY LOVELY READERS! This is an idea that I've had written for awhile that I'm finally posting. I hope you like it and let me know what you think. 

Disclaimer: I do not own TVD, unfortunately. The Vampire Diaries and its' characters belong to the rightful owners.

________

BACKGROUND

Charlotte (Charlie) Salvatore is Stefan Salvatore's twin sister. Although she looks like Stefan, she and Damon were more alike. While she does have Stefan's caring traits for family and friends, she also embraces who she is as a vampire like Damon. She's done things she's not proud of, but then again what vampire hasn't?

Since she is Stefan's younger twin, she looks like Stefan: dirty blonde/brown hair that falls in natural waves to her waist, strong facial features, a slim figure, but her eyes are a mixture of both of her brothers – Icy blue with hints of gold and green flecks throughout. She was always complimented on how unique her eyes were. How when she looked at someone it felt like she was seeing into their soul and they could get lost in them.

Family is everything to Charlie. She would do anything for brothers, and it broke her heart that they were torn apart by that vampire bitch Katherine. She kept in touch with both brothers throughout their lifetime, but once she turned she felt she had to go out on her own. Discover who she was in this new and scary world.

Then the day came where she went to visit Stefan, in Mystic Falls of all places, and got the joy of seeing not only one of her brothers, but two. Words couldn't explain the elation she felt at the idea of her family being back together… then walked in the carbon copy of the person who destroyed it.

She was hostile towards Elena at first, naturally, but she came to terms with the fact that Elena wasn't going anywhere. Her family was together, in their hometown, and relatively happy so she was going to make the best of it.

So much had happened in the few years they spent in Mystic Falls together: Stefan and Elena were together, Katherine showed back up, Klaus trying to kill… well everyone and taking Stefan, Elena turning and being SIRED to Damon, Silas. It was all so hard to keep up with, but somehow she managed.

Not only was Elena sired to Damon, she was IN LOVE with him. She had such conflicting emotions: on one hand she was so happy that Damon finally found happiness after being strung along by Katherine for so long, but on the other hand, seeing Stefan's heartbreak brought tears to her eyes. She wasn't happy that Elena had, in lieu of a better term, switched brothers, but you can't help who you fall in love with.

In all her years though, Charlie never found love, well none that she was willing to talk about. Damon knew, but he kept his word all this time and has never told a soul. Stefan didn't know, he didn't need to. It's not like it would make a difference anyway.

So now here she was, at the boarding house… alone, with a weird feeling in the pit of her stomach. Stefan left as determined by the agreement of who Elena chose. Damon and Elena were caught up in their own little world. Bonnie was nowhere to be found. Caroline was with her mom already getting started on college preparations. So that left her to occupy her time alone.

She wanted to go with Stefan. As much as she hated to say it, the veil was going to be back up soon and Lexi would be stuck back on the other side, so he would be alone. However, for the first time in all of her existence, she was attempting to live a semi normal life. That included college.

She was registered for Whitmore. All ready to live in a dorm with her friends Caroline, Elena, and Bonnie. Stefan knew how much this meant to her and insisted she stayed. He said a little time alone would do him good and assured her that he would be okay. But she couldn't fight the feeling she had started to get some time after Stefan had left. Like something was seriously wrong but she just couldn't figure out what…