Chapter 49

I slowly began to wake up, feeling a dull ache in my body. I stretched out on the cold floor, remembering where I was.

I had fallen asleep while trying not to break down in the bathroom.

I slowly stood up, cleaning myself up before quietly heading to the room I had been staying in. I was tired, even though it was late in the morning. I had only been able to sleep for a couple hours after recurring nightmares.

I sighed shakily as I pulled out clean clothes. I put them on, not bothering to shower.

As I walked over near the kitchen, I could smell food and hear sizzling. I looked to see Jack cooking bacon on a pan.

"Morning, kid," he greeted cheerfully.

"Morning, adult," I replied equally as cheerful.

He bit at a piece of bacon, moving the food onto plates. I thanked him when he handed me the food.

"So, where were you last night? I didn't see you in your room," he asked in a concerned tone. "I know you couldn't have snuck out, I would've heard easily."

"Oh, I was just showering last night. You probably didn't hear the water running when you checked."

"I went to check on you at around two in the morning. You were showering at that time?"

I shrugged, not offering any other type of response. I looked down at the table, not touching the food in front of me.

"Eat something, I'm not letting you go without eating."

I nodded slowly, not making eye contact with the guitarist as I cautiously began to eat.

I can always throw it up later, right?

"So, seriously. What were you doing?"

I shrugged again.

"Stop shrugging you shruggeeerrr," he said jokingly and dramatically with a small laugh as he threw his head back.

I silently laughed for a brief moment before Jack turned back to the subject.

"Seriously, you can tell me."

"I just fell asleep on the bathroom floor, no big deal."

"No big deal? Why were you on the bathroom floor in the first place? And if you shrug, I'm pinning your shoulders to the wall."

"It doesn't matter, Jack. It really doesn't."

Jack could probably tell that he wouldn't get any answers out of me any time soon, so he just slumped his shoulders and went back to eating as he changed the subject.

I stood up, putting away my plate before quickly walking off in the direction of the bathroom.

"Nuh-uh," I heard Jack say.

"What?"

"You aren't going anywhere until you let your food digest."

"Jaaack, I just have to pee."

"No, you don't. Come on, we can watch a movie or something."

I finally gave up, telling myself not eat anymore today. I was fat enough as it was.

Jack practically lied on top of me as I sat on the couch. He pressed the play button on the television, and The Exorcist began playing.

"What the fuck even is this movie?" Jack asked almost a half hour through.

"The Exorcist. It's a horror movie, the first possession based film."

"But it's scary."