Chapter Three: Jayson

Jayson drove me straight home after our dinner. I ask him to stay because I'm not use to be alone. Kailangan may kasama ako palagi.

"Jayson, sige na! Hindi makakapunta dito si Lana. She's dead drunk right now! Please.. stay!" I almost cry when I said those words to Jayson.

He faced me seriously and looked at his phone. It was
8:15pm. And I know, wala na siyang ibang gagawin kung hindi matulog. I know Jayson. I know him since we we're 7. He brush his hair using his hand. And nodded. I jump! And gave him a big hug.

"Oh my gosh! Thank You so much!" I said.

"Your about to cry Shotia! Demn! Your 19, your not a kid anymore! Jeez.." he said.

"Just don't mind me Jayson! You know me I know you. And by that.. I'll give you a prize!"

"What prize?"

"Strawberries!  Sakto bumili ako last week. And I have chocolates na binili namin ni Lana last last week.."

Jayson's smile reach his ears. Para siyang bata na nabigyan ng malaking teddy bear or something. Jayson entered the house and went straight to the fridge. I know Jayson's favorite things. I know his favorite food, perfume, place, likes and dislikes. He turn the lights on as he  opened the fridge.

He begun jumping and dancing as he grab the bowl full of strawberries and he then grab the golden box filled with chocolates inside. I smiled and went upstairs to my room. I put my bag down and went straight to the CR.

I turn the shower on and let the water splash on my face. After a minute, I put the towel around me and I saw Jayson looking for something in my bag.

"What are you doing?"

"F*ck! Don't tell me I didn't put my phone here?!"

"Phone? Wala ka namang nilagay jan.."

I walk towards him and helped him look for his phone inside my bag. May nilagay ba siyang phone dito? Wala naman? The only thing i know is his phone is on the table when we're having dinner.

"Naiwan mo ata sa Restaurant? "

"F*ck! Seriously!"

He pulled his hair as he grip his face. This is the second time that he lost his phone. Paano ba naman kase. His way too careless!

"Tara balikan natin.." I said.

"No! Tsssk! Never mind. I'll buy a new one tomorrow.."

"Grabe ka Jayson! Don't just throw your expensive phone like that. Let's go back and look for it. Sayang naman yun!"

"It's okay Shotia! I'll just buy a new one. And will you please, get dress. Nakikita ko na yang boobs mo.."

I pulled my towel up and covered myself. He wink and went outside my room. Wooh! Buti nalang hindi bumagsak tong towel. Kung bumagsak to. Ay hindi ko lang alam!

I went downstairs to check Jayson. His still eating strawberries. And banging himself with the loud music playing.

Don't let me down by The Chainsmokers.

I turn the speaker in a low pace. Sobrang lakas naman kase.

"Jeez! Bat naman sobrang hina. Turn it on.." sabat niya.

"It's already 8:45 in the evening Jayson! Magagalit ang mga kapit bahay.."

"So what! Come on!"

"Shut up!"

He pouted as he swallowed the strawberry. I check the fridge and thank gad! May naiwang chips. I grab the chips and went beside him.

"Want some?" I offered.

"No thanks.. Hey! Can I barrow your phone? Kailangan kung tawagan si Tita Lus. Baka hanapin ako nun..."

"Yeah yeah sure. Tignan mo nalang sa bag ko.."

He stood up and begun to walk.

"And Shotia? May naiwan ba akung mga damit ko dito nung nag-sleep over ako dito, before?"

"Uhh... maybe? Let me check.."

So we both went to my room. He grab my phone and dialed a number. I check the empty drawers to look if I put Jayson's clothes here.

I found a v-neck shirt and a pajama and a boxer. This will suit him. I took it and place it on my bed. His talking to someone kaya sinenyasan ko nalang siya. He nodded and I went downstairs. I took the chips and jump to the sofa.  Turn the TV on.

Buti nalang meron si Jayson. May trauma kase ako kapag magisa ko lang sa isang bahay. It's like I'm expecting that someone will come and kill me. Because the incident that happened with my Dad.

"Shotia? You okay? Nakatunganga ka nanaman jan.."

"No, I'm fine.. naalala ko lang yung nangyari kay Dad.." i said.

"Tsssk. I thought you forgot everything that happened since then?" He said as he seats right next to me.

"I did Jayson.. Pero, palagi ko siyang naaalala. And it  keep on reflecting on my mind.." I said.

"Well, you better quit it.. San pala ako matutulog?"

"Beside me.."

"Again? Okay fine. Ang lamig kaya dito sa sala niyo.."

Don't get me wrong. Ilang beses na kaming nagtabi ni Jayson sa bed. What's wrong with that? It's normal for me and for him. And for the record, we never had sex when we're on bed. Jayson respects me a lot.

I'm watching this so called '50 shades of grey' movie. I'm in the middle of watching the scene where Christian Grey is going to confess that his 50 shades f*cked up. It's so cool. And it's full of lust. I'm loving this movie.

"Jayson.. are you seeing this? Jayson.." I tap his lap.

"Jayson!"

I tap his lap again. I can't get my eyes out on the TV screen. Jayson did not respond so I looked at him. I can't see his brown eyes anymore. His eyes are close. I took a short stare at his beautiful face. Why should I liked you Jayson Gomez? Your HOT, famous, rich and your every girls prince charming and knight in shining armor. But why can't I fall in love with you?