Chapter Four: Your the Gogeous One

I woke up.

It's 7:30am. My class is this afternoon. I look at the guy by my side. His still sleeping. Jayson is such an angel when he sleeps. I stare at his pinkish lips. I wonder what would be the feeling if I kiss those perfect lips of his. I always ask myself. Bakit hindi nalang si Jayson ang magustuhan ko? I tried to like him. I tried to fall in love with him. Pero parang wala eh. Pinipigilan ko ang sarili ko. Why would I fall in love with my best friend?

I heard my phone buzzing. It's Lana.

"Hey! What's up?"

"I can't attend class today Shotia.."

Lana seems sad on the other line. What's wrong with her? Or sadyang hangover lang siya.

"Hey what's wrong?"

"I'll tell you soon..."

Then she drop the call. I called her. But she didn't answer. What's wrong with her?

"Is that Lana?"

I faced Jayson. His rubbing his eyes and his about to yawn. I looked at the time it's 8:00am. Whoa. Seriously. Did I sleep that late? About Lana, I don't know what happened last night. Is she drunk or something? I know she f*cked Leon Bolton. But why is she upset?

"It's Lana. She seemed upset or sad?"

"Hmp! Tell me about it.. Oh, by the way. Isa lang ang subject ko ngayon. How about you?"

"2:00pm pa klase ko.."

"Alright then.. I need to sleep pa. Good night.."

And he buried his face on the pillow. His so sexy when he talks when he wakes up. Napangiti lang ako. I stood up and stretched. I'm worried about Lana. I walk down the stairs and switch the TV for morning news.

I place a water on the water dispenser and let it heat for 5minutes. Umupo ako at nanuod.

"The Gomez inter piece is now a bomb! Engineer  Jasper Gomez the CEO of the company is now having it's third anniversary celebration for the success of the  company. Mr. Jasper is expecting his son Jayson Gomez to be next CEO of the company or the big boss. Meanwhile.."

Jayson have the guts to be the next leader of his Dad's company. Ewan ko lang kay Jayson kung gusto niya ba? Jayson is the only child of Mr. and Mrs. Gomez. I know Jayson's dad have so many back up plans for his only son. Mr. Jasper Gomez is a dangerous man. Maraming kaaway ang Dad niya tungkol sa mga businesses.

As I took the cup and put some hot water. My phone buzzed again. Sino ba nanaman yun? Hanggang sa tumigil ulit ito. So, I took the cup full of hot water. I'm about to place it on the table when my phone buzzed for the second time.

"Sht! Ouch! Aahhhh!"  I yelled.

Sht! It hurts! Natapon. Bwiset! I hurriedly ran to the sink turn the water on. Aray ko.

"Shotia! Shotia! What the heck! What's wrong!?" Jayson burst into the kitchen.

"Natapon yung hot water.." I said.

"Let me see!"

He held my right hand and check. It's pure red. Ang sakit. Bagong kulo lang yung hot water. Tears fall from my eyes as Jayson rub it slowly.

"Jayson.. it hurts.." I said whining.

"Anu ba kaseng ginagawa mo?! Are you that clumsy?! Let's go the hospital.."

"No! It's not an injury or something.. Jayson, it will pass.. masakit lang kase bagong kulo yung hot water.." I said.

He rolled his eyes and walked straight to the fridge. Kinuha niya yung box ng ice cream. He took and put it on the table.