Part 10

Part 10

Madison's POV

We all agreed in playing volleyball and walked down to the sand courts. We called Tyler, Andrew, Caitlin, Paulina, and Josh to meet us there. We split up into two teams, Tyler and Andrew wanted to be the two team captains.

Tyler picked Amanda, Me, Augustus, and Paulina.

Andrew picked Ryan, Emily, Caitlin, and Christian.

Josh, as the odd one out, sat as the ref.

We started our first game.

-

"Mine!" Tyler yelled out as he spiked the ball down on the other side, winning a point for our team.

"Yeah!" Amanda said and we all high-fived.

As the game continued, we noticed that Tyler and Caitlin were good at saving the ball. Amanda, Paulina, Emily, and Andrew were good at returning and passing. Augustus and Christian were good at spiking. Ryan and myself were good at serving.

"24-18! Game point!" I said serving the ball.

"Got it!" Emily said passing it to Andrew.

"Mine!" Andrew said as he hits it perfectly to Christian.

Christian spiked it down fiercely, but Tyler jumped on the ground and barely saved it. Paulina got the pass and Augustus hits it over to the opposite side. Caitlin was unable to reach it, giving us the final point and the first win!

"Yes!" Everyone on my team yelled. We gathered around for a big group hug.

"Lucky shot!" Ryan said.

"Round two then?" Amanda smirked.

"Let's do it!" Emily said.

We didn't stop at round two. We were up to round nine by now. We won some and lost some, but the overall score was in our favor.

"Last game? I'm exhausted." Caitlin said.

"Okay." We all agreed.

-

"Got it!" Augustus and I said at the same time, both our eyes on the ball. I was able to pass the ball but we bumped into each other, forcing Augustus to fall on top of me.

"I can't stop falling for you." He whispered, followed by a cheeky smile.

I shut my eyes and my nose crinkled and I couldn't stop the laughter from spilling out of my mouth. Augustus bent down placing a kiss on my nose, then he stood up, pulling me up with him.

"Can we stop now?" Emily said sitting down in the sand.

"We haven't finished the game?" Josh questioned.

Caitlin groaned, "Who cares? Everyone's tired."

The rest of us grabbed our jackets, then joined in a big circle sitting in the middle of the volleyball court. I sat close to Augustus and interlocked my arm with his. His body heat and my jacket is what kept me warm. A lot of the stars were noticeable tonight and the moon shined bright.

"Beautiful isn't it?" I whispered.

Everyone quietly said, "Mm."

Augustus leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. I turned and pressed my lips against his. His lips were soft and cold, the mixture was odd, but I didn't mind. He smiled and pulled me in to rest against his chest, wrapping one arm around me. He looked even more attractive in the moon light. His eyes sparked in the reflection of the stars. I don't know how someone continues to become more attractive, but he did. Every new time I see him, he steals the breath from me. Even like right now, we have been playing volleyball for hours and I can still look over at him breathless. I am definitely falling for him.