Part 12

Part 12

Augustus' POV

I woke up the next morning trying to keep the comforter over my body. Christian was sharing the same bed as me and being that both of us are big guys, we fought for hours pulling the blankets back and forth. I was cold most of the night. I soon gave up the fight and threw it over Christian and sat up. I looked over at Ryan who luckily got the second bed all to himself. I went to the bathroom and then pulled sweats over my boxers. The sun was trying to enter the room through the blinds but I didn't let it. Once I left the room into the hallway, I could feel the warmth of the sun hit my bare skin. It felt great. I dragged myself to the living room couch, grabbed a loose blanket, and tried to get comfy. The couch wasn't long enough for my legs to fully stretch out, so I lay my feet over the side and closed my eyes. Unfortunately, I am wide awake and it's almost impossible for me to fall back asleep. I lay on my back and stare at the ceiling fan. I always wake up early, but that does not make me a morning person. I do not like talking to people or doing anything in the morning. Just leave me alone until I'm fully awake.

I shoot up when I hear rattling noises from the kitchen. I see Madison Grace bring out a bowl from the upper cabinet. She then opens the fridge to grab milk, and walks to the cabinet and gets a cereal box. Lucky Charms. A stupid grin appears on my face because that's my favorite cereal. I continue to watch as she pours the milk before the cereal, which is exactly how I do it. She carefully carries the bowl to the table and pulls out a chair to sit on. I sit up on the couch, trying not to make any noise. I'm surprised she hasn't noticed me yet. I guess she's just as out of it as I am.

Emily comes in, startling me as she yells, "Good morning!"

"Morning." Madison replies with a spoonful of Lucky Charms in her mouth.

I lay back onto the couch, still going unnoticed by both girls. I shut my eyes, just in case someone sneaks up on me, I'll pretend I am asleep.

"Did you have fun last night?" Emily asks.

"I did. It's beautiful here." Madison says.

"Isn't it? I wish we could stay here forever." Emily takes a long pause. "So, did you uh, sleep with Augustus?"

Madison coughs, making her choke on her cereal. She clears her throat, "Not sleep, I mean we fell asleep, next to each other, but that was it." I laughed inside my head at the way she tried to explain how we slept together without having sex.

My mind wondered to last night. It was innocent sleep. We were both tired, a mixture of school and the long day we had. We were watching a movie with everyone else and I felt my eyes getting heavier. Madison and I took up the entire couch, both our bodies sprawled out. I held my feet up on the coffee table and her feet were on top of my legs. Eventually, she shifted her head to rest on my legs and her legs laid across the couch. Later on, she sat up and rested her head on my chest. The way she curled up next to me as she got colder was extremely cute. She wrapped her arms around me to keep not only herself, but me warm as well. That's all I remember, until I woke up past midnight and we were laying across the couch, as if it was a bed. My arm held her close to me and her head was buried in my chest. I pushed away some of her hair that was covering her hair and smiled. She looked so cute sleeping next to me. I remember thinking I could stare at her all night, admiring her beauty, but my eyes soon failed me as I drifted off again. The next time I woke up, I was alone and freezing, so that's when I went into the room with the boys.

"Why did you ask?" Madison's words pierced through my short flashback.

"Only wondering. When we all left you guys were cuddled fast asleep." Emily let out a small laugh.