Chapter 2

"Why are you giving me this?" I look at her bold, ocean eyes. "Why are you telling me this?"

"Because..." She paused. "I'll be gone for a while. I'm not sure how long."

I knew she was really serious about her statement. "What happened?"

"I have to go on a mission. A big one which means I won't be in Paris. This mission will cost me, I know--"

"Then let me go with you! Please don't risk your life." I begged.

She made a small laugh. "I'm not risking my life. But you won't see Ladybug for a long time. I'll be in my regular, normal self, walking amongst the streets when I come back."

I realized her intentions.

"Don't tell me you're giving up your miraculous!" I almost shouted. I was almost burning with anger. "You can't--"

"If you were in my situation, you would do the same." She quickly snapped back with tears. There was silence between us until she started talking again. "This won't be the last time you see me, but it will be a long time. In the mean time, don't be Chat Noir. Hawkmoth could somehow survive this whole thing and hunt you down, and Lila could still be out there with her false Volphina powers."

"I can defeat them both!"

"Two against one? Volphina, you'll win for sure, but Hawkmoth?! He's more experienced and more powerful than both of us combined. We literally just had a battle with him, and we barely survived. Chat," she put her hand on my shoulder, her face shouted 'afraid'. "promise me, you'll stay safe. Don't be Chat Noir until you find me again."

Ever since then, I would always be checking for earrings. Every girl had the same normal earrings. I was really hoping for red with black spots or something like that.

I set the letter aside.

-----

Nino, Alya, and I waited patiently for Marinette at the bus stop. Three buses past by, but none with the girl we were looking for.

"She must be late or something. She has a knack for being tardy." Alya shrugged.

We waited another hour, and the bus finally arrived. The tires slowly stopped, and the doors folded to open. The young fashion designer stepped off the vehicle with her luggage. "I'm so sorry I'm late Alya!" She screeched as she jumped to embrace her. "There was so many people at the airport, and they really wanted to talk to me, and I didn't want to be super rude or anything, and I'm so sorry!"

Alya bursted out laughing. "Chill out girl! It's okay, really! You're like super famous! We totally understand!"

Nino agreed. "Yeah don't worry about it. We're just glad you made it home safely."

She reached her hand to the back of her head and rubbed it sheepishly. Her giggle was still the same.

"Hey Marinette!" I greeted her.

Her giggle stopped. She walked closer to me to the point where I stepped back a bit. Her blue, sparkling eyes stared right into mine. Her eyebrows pierced inwards slightly as her voice ran flatline. "Hello Adrien." She backed away a couple of steps. She didn't move.

While she wasn't moving, I decided to see how different she looks. Her hair is bundled into a low bun with a small ribbon wrapped around it. There was a pencil placed within her hair-do. Her clothes are pretty much the same. She didn't have her small bag that she usually had last year; she probably packed it in with her luggage or something.

She's still staring at me. I knew she had a crush on me, and she would do pretty silly things which I found quite adorable, but this is just weird.

"Are you alright?" I asked. She was being creepy.

"Yeah." She answered... Still creepy. She shook her head, almost as if she were hypnotized and just got out of a trance. "Uh... I have to go! Sorry. I need to see my parents and stuff! Sorry bye!"

She took off.

"Well that was weird." Nino pointed the obvious.

"She's probably tired or something?" I tried to give reasons.

Alya shook her head. "That's definitely not her. She's only tired in the morning. It's sunset."

"Time zone change?" Nino reasoned.

"Her last show was in Spain." Alya noted to us then sighed. "Let's wait and see in a couple of days. She's probably all scramble from all those fashion shows."

I don't know.

[End Of Chapter 2]

Hey guys!
Hope you're enjoying the little story so far. I intend on posting a chapter a day, and then it may be a while before I make another story or something. I began watching this show about a year ago, and I think it's pretty cool and complex despite being directed towards children.