Chapter 7

"Adrien, I—"

"Stop," I did my best to stay strong. "Why father?"

"I wanted to do what was best for our family."

My fists clenched tighter. "What do you mean best for our family? What kind of sick, twisted game are you playing at?"

"Adrien this is not a game. This is real life."

"You think I don't know that, but do you know that? You're putting countless of lives on the line for some stupid reason! I trusted you. Natalie and my bodyguard trusted you. Ladybug," I choked up in tears. "Marinette, the sweetest girl I know, even trusted the likes of you! Now she's in this everlasting cycle of pain and suffering because you couldn't stop being a greedy bastard!" I was huffing and puffing. "Do you even have anything to say?!"

He sighed. "I am not Hawkmoth—"

I was about to explode. "Do you think I'm stupid?! You literally just admitted that you are Hawkmoth! Is this some kind of—"

"Volphina has my miraculous," he snapped.

"...What?"

"She stole it from me. I only needed the miraculous to do something that we needed, but when I found out who Ladybug was, I didn't want to hurt her because she is your friend. It was Lila's plan to torture your friend."

"I believe you," I finally relaxed a little. "But that doesn't justify the countless of innocent people being akumatized because of your selfish needs."

"How many times do I have to tell you? We need this."

"Then tell me what was this thing that was so important that needed our miraculous? You know what? Who even cares now? I have a friend who is near the edge of insanity, and I want to be a rather kind person and help her. And if you're rather kind as you say you are, you'll be helping too." I stood up and was headed towards the door.

"I wanted to bring back someone."

I look back at my father to get one last look at him and asked, "who?"

"Your mother."

My fingers on the knob froze briefly. Did he just...?!

"She was right for leaving you." I slammed the door.

—————

I couldn't believe that Hawkmoth just gave up his miraculous like that. His father must really care about Adrien.

Scared yet?

"Actually no," I replied truthfully. "I'm surprised but not afraid. I can say that what you just did terrifies me, but I have to be honest: I'm not scared."

Oh, really? Well in that case I have to move forward with my plan.

"I'm still kind of confused."

With what?

"You have my miraculous and Hawkmoth's miraculous. What are you even going to do with them? It would make sense if you have Adrien's ring and my earrings, but what will you do with my earrings and Hawkmoth's pin?"

You are very dense Marinette.

"So this is a personal issue?" I interrogated her.

Shut up.

Gotcha.

—————

Plagg got out of my shirt. He looked a little frightened by what happened. "Adrien, I think you were a little harsh there with your father."

"Does it really matter now?" I exit my house, "he caused all of this. None of this would've happened if he had never akumatized anyone."

Plagg looked down and frowned, "did your father and mother love each other?"

I took a pause, "yes, they did."

"I guess people do crazy things for love," Plagg tried to smile at me, "don't be so hard on your father. He wants your mother back. Yeah his actions weren't the best course of action, but once again emotions can really take over."

"Like how I was with him just a second ago?" I looked away to see a family photo. Seeing all of us together. We looked so happy. When Mom left us, we became very isolated and distant, and it became very hard to show emotions when I really needed it. Yeah... I would do anything for this kind of family again. "Maybe I was a little harsh."

"I think you and your father should have go and talk again."

"Thanks Plagg." I looked back at the family picture, then went back to my room. I saw him again, looking down at a photograph of my mother, his wife. "Hello Gabriel Agreste." I was a little reluctant to call him my father.

"Adrien? You came back?" He was startled to see me. He looked down again. "I'm a horrible father."

I sighed and sat down next to him. "No you're not. Okay, yes you are. But you just wanted what was best for me, and love does some crazy weird stuff to people." I frowned. "I'm sorry for bursting out at you earlier."

He smiled, "I deserved it."

"You need to help me," I said sternly. "I must help Marinette!"

"You have my full support what do you need?"

—————

"Why don't you come out and play Lila?" I teased. "You seem to be so comfy in your little pit of ignorance."

Oh I intend to come out and play. But I don't play for fun, I play to win.

"Too bad," I shrugged. "Cause I'm not going to stop until I win."

Is that so? Out of thin air, butterflies begin to swirl around the room. Lila appeared, but she wasn't in her false fox getup. She was in Hawkmoth's attire. My earrings are no where on her. Darn. I slowly backed away from her to create distance. "Do you really think you can defeat me without any powers whatsoever?"

"Like I said," I got into stance "I'm not going to stop until you're defeated!"

[End Of Chapter 7]

Next chapter will be posted on Sunday!
Finally some action!