Chapter 3

I ran home with all my stuff as fast as I possibly could. More sweat was pouring down my face, and my arms flailed around to avoid hitting other pedestrians. I think my suitcase tripped some people because I heard some small yells. Now I feel even more guilty!

"Marinette!" My mom shouted my name in excitement. She had a plate of chocolate cookies. "Welcome home!"

Dad picked me up with his big arms and hugged me tightly. "So good to see my young designer showing the world what she's made of!"

"Dad~" he put me down but we still embraced each other warmly. I took one of my mom's cookies and took a huge bite out of the gooey goodness. "I had a lot of authentic food when I was gone, but these cookies are still and will always be the best!"

"Aw you're too kind." Mom blushed.

"So are you going to tell us about the trip?" Dad asked curiously.

I nodded my head as I took another cookie. "Yeah! So my first stop was at New York City and--"

Hello Marinette.

"Actually, can I talk about this later?" I asked nicely and faked a yawn. "I'm kinda tired from all the traveling and shows and stuff." I giggled a little bit to make it more convincing.

"Sure, you had a long day coming back here!" My mom said sweetly.

"Go get some rest sweetie." Dad smiled.

I walked up the stairs slowly with my luggage to make it look like I was really tired. I know I shouldn't lie to my parents, but it was the only way to protect them.

I shut my door quickly and sighed in relief. Is the voice gone? Seemed like it. My room was dark with the moon's dim light shining through my window. Everything's the same as when I left it. The bed, my vanity, and the wall with many photos of Adrien. Right, I forgot those were still hung in orderly fashion. I decided to take them down and throw them in the trash. Carefully of course.

Did you have fun Marinette? The voice. I shook my head rapidly. I gripped the last photo intensely. The photo was with all my friends before I left for the trip. I looked at him...

"Get out of my head." I spoke softly so my parents wouldn't hear. "I held my end of the deal, now leave Paris alone, and better yet, why don't you leave the world alone?"

Oh I am. I'm not as cold as you think I am.

"You almost killed him."

It was an accident.

My fingers started to press harder on the photo. I quietly slammed my elbows on the table. "I know it wasn't. Just keep your promise. Got that?"

Of course, Princess. Isn't that what he used to call you?

"Stop."

Also, do something else for me.

"What?" I said harshly without making too much sound.

Stay away from Adrien. I know how much you love him, and it would be a shame if he were to--

"Stop! I'll stay away from him. Just don't hurt him!"