Chapter 9

"Did she fall for it?" I asked.

"Yes indeed," my father grinned, "this plan of yours will ought to put a stop to this."

"Good!" I went to call Alya and Nino, "hey guys!"

"Adrien, how's Marinette," they asked "she hasn't been returning my calls!"

"She's in trouble, and we need to stop Lila! She has Hawkmoth and Ladybug's miraculous!"

"We'll help with whatever we can!" They shouted, "What do you want us to do?"

"Find where Lila lives. Hawkmoth's miraculous is with her, but the Ladybug miraculous is somewhere hidden. I want you guys to search her house or anywhere she could be hiding the miraculous!"

"You got it!"

I turned to my father and extended my staff. "Let's go!"

—————

We stand on top of the Eiffel Tower. Lila stands in triumph as she looks down at all the pedestrians. I sat tied up in chains next to a steel beam. Seeing Lila in a Hawkmoth attire frightens me a little, however I just wanted to smile because this will all fall down.

"How does it feel?" She asked without looking at me.

"How does what feel?"

"Losing," She snickered, "losing must really suck."

"I mean why are you asking me?" I hit her with a rebuttal, "you're the one that has more experience with losing."

The sky begins to darken with clouds.

"So what are you going to with the three miraculous?" I ask her. "You never answered my question."

She walked towards me and said, "once again, it's none of your business."

"It sounds like you don't even have a plan," my hands felt the lock on her chains, "oh wait! I remember! This is a personal matter, isn't it? So who's angry at you?"

"It's none of your business!" She snapped back.

"Are you trying to get your revenge on someone who wants to hurt your family? Chat Noir and I could've helped!"

"Shut up! My family is a spoiled rotten group of people that should never see the light of day!"

Thunder rumbled, and it began to get humid. Silence then filled as if it were a decomposition reaction.

I sat. For once, I actually felt some remorse for her. "What did they do?"

She turned away from me. "Corrupted me. They forced me to move here away from all my friends. They ruined my privacy by making me attend public school full of cry-babies and brats. They forced me into doing gigs that I most utterly disliked. They corrupted me, and I want them gone. Today's the 2-year anniversary of when they dragged me here. What better way to show them my appreciation?"

"Lila," my voice softened, "I know that you feel hatred towards your family but getting rid of them permanently will not solve anything!"

"Really?!" She shouted, "cause I think it's what this world needs. One less mother, father, and sister!"

"Lila! You don't have to do this!" I plead.

We hear grunting coming from the bottom of the tower. Lila looks down. The corners of her mouth tilt upwards in a grim fashion which makes me to believe that the Agrestes are here. She disappears from my sight.

I managed to get my pins out of my back pocket and began picking the lock.

—————

We stand at the bottom of the tower. Our eyes glaze upward towards the cloudy sky to see the purple figure enlarge. My father grabbed my tied hands and pretended to yank me forward toward Lila while I attempted to restrain the moment. Her grin was menacing.

"Do you have the girl?" He asked with a blank face.

"Yeah, up the tower. you got his miraculous?" She replied.

He reached into his pocket and held out the silver ring and tossed it over. She looked at it and frowned. "The real one." And she tossed it back. He once again reached into his pocket and chuckled "smart young lady," and tossed the black ring with the green paw design over to her once again.

"That's better." She smirked and gestured in her direction. "This way!"

The elevator to the top was deafening. I tried to stay as quiet as I could, and then I sneezed. "Sorry," I apologized, "someone must've had feathers in here."

"Just don't get snot on me!" She said in disgust. The elevator dinged and we walked on the platform. We walked around the pillars to find a broken chain.

"Where's Marinette?!" I shout at her. "You said she was here!"

"Stop talking love-bird, of course she is, but she must've escaped!" She growled. "Stay here!" And she jumped downwards.

Plagg came out of my jacket. "Ready?"

"Ready! Plagg, transform me![claws out!]" I transformed into Chat Noir. "Father, go into the that room and get and hide! Don't do the thing until I say so!"

"Yes Adrien!" He ran in.

I hear the purple figure come up again in frustration. "Ugh! Where is she!" Her eyes locked on me and widened in shock and anger, "No! I have your miraculous!" She shouted.

"Actually no," I snickered, "the ring you have is a replica curtesy of Marinette Dupain-Cheng."

I hear the long awaited yo-yo string. "And I think that's her now!"

I see the proud hero and savior of Paris after a whole year. Her red suit with black spots, and her mask almost had me in tears. She held out a piece of paper that appears to be the akumatized object, into pieces. The butterfly exited out of her yo-yo as she says in her sweet voice but this time with more gratitude, "bye bye little butterfly!"

"No! This can't be!" She screamed. "I'm supposed to win!"

"You are never going to triumph unless you destroy the hatred in your heart!" She spoke in the inspiration voice I missed.

"If I can't win, then no one wins!" She shouted as she sprint forward for a frontal attack.

Both Ladybug and I dodged the attack. Her cane looks cool, but my staff's better. I extend my staff and used it as a sword as we battled it out. Mari used her yo-yo to wrap around Lila's cane and pulled it out of her hands.

Furious, Lila cartwheeled back and swung her leg under me and knocked me over on my back. She then side kicked Marinette back a couple meters to give her time to grab her staff. Marinette appears to still be weak from being akumatized for so long.

I front flipped over Lila to protect Mari and shielded her with my staff. It was almost a stalemate of strength as both of our sticks are pushing against each other with all of our mights.

"Lucky charm!" Marinette shouts. A mirror appears before our eyes. She was puzzled. "What can I use this for?! There isn't even sun!"

[End Of Chapter 9]

Hi! Sorry this came out so late!!
Also I keep thinking that I'm spelling Marinette's name wrong xD