Chapter 8

"Plagg: Claws out![Transform Me]" I transformed into Chat Noir in front of my father. It was a little weird at first because I transformed in front of a villain. My father looked at my in astonishment. "Hi father, I'm Chat Noir."

"I'm impressed. So this is what you do instead of practicing piano."

"I'll pretend I didn't hear that." I smirked but then I got my thinking face on. "Okay if we track down Lila and find her before she gets to Marinette."

"If she possesses my miraculous, then I can track her down," my father pulls out a tracking device.

"Is this how you find me? I don't know whether or not to be impressed or violated."

—————

She ran toward me lightning speed. I barely managed to dodge. Her dark staff created an advantage between us as she used it as an extension of her arm. The sharp edge of the staff came very close to my face, I could feel the existence of the metal as it was centimeters away from my forehead, nearly touching my unkept hair.

The duck had me on the lower ground as I swept my right left under hers to throw her off balance. Then I used my supporting leg to jump over top her to her back side and kicked her back. She fell to the ground, and I was about to do my final blow, but she swiftly rolled out of the way.

Lila leaped toward my round window, and broke it with her foot. She wants to escape; however, just before she jumped, I grabbed her one tailing foot and pulling her back. Not like she was going to fit through the window anyway.

The staff hopped out of her hand, and I ran toward the staff, hoping for a fighting chance, but she's fast as a fox, and got her staff back, and undercut me with it.

"Marinette," my mom called "is everything alright up there?"

"Yeah!" I shout as I dodge another attack. "Just looking for some stuff." I slide under her legs to grab my umbrella wirings. "Wow! My room must've been a mess before I left!" Her staff came horizontally toward me. I bent the wires to clasp onto her staff. "I keep knocking over so many things!" I twisted her wrists and pulled the staff away from her. "Clumsy me!" I giggled and ran up my balcony steps, "gotta clean up my little rooftop!"

—————

The device was pinging for quite some time. The connection must be very weak or the device is really old.

"So this Marinette girl," my father attempted to break the awkwardness "she's an exquisite fashion designer."

"Yeah. She's amazing!" I complimented her. "Incredibly brave too."

My father smirked. I'm starting to wonder whether or not he's my father. He showed more than 2 emotions in one sitting. "It appears to me that someone has a little crush."

"Father, now's not really the time. All of this is really complicated."

The device finally located his miraculous. Gear timing technology! The red dot on the screen pointed directly over a bakery: Marinette's family's bakery. Lila is at her house.

"We need to go now!" I shouted at my father and screen. "Marinette could still be at home!"

"Wait," My father halted. "If the device is saying what it is saying, then we cannot go to her house. Her parents may be at home as well. It'll be too suspicious."

I rubbed my head then snapped my fingers, "we need to lure her out! I've got a plan!"

—————

"Stop running you runt!" Lila demanded, but I all out didn't care. We climbed to my rooftop. There are still boxes everywhere.

"I'm not running," I shrugged as I twirled the staff. I began running for a direct attack, "I'm simply planning." The attacks I made were lethal... if I'd hit someone. Man I wish I had my yo-yo back. I kept hitting boxes with the staff, but I finally managed to whack Lila's calf, giving her a nasty bruise...hopefully.

She quickly got back on her feet. "Face it," I said, "even with the Hawmoth's miraculous, you can't even give me a good fight!"

"I think you have forgotten something," she smirked as she lifted her chin up. The bright neon purple glow outlined a butterfly shape. "I still have control over you!"

My head started pounding again. This time, the pain was much worse. I attempt to power through the agony, but her powers were just too strong for me. My attacks ended up either missing terribly or not powerful enough.

"I'll stop this pain if you stop and surrender," said Lila triumphantly.

"Never!" I grabbed a box full of stuff and threw it in her direction. The box landed inches in front of her: not even a flinch was made by her. I slipped and fell.

"Wait," Lila's phone started ringing, "What do you want Gabby?"

"It's Mr. Agreste to you, and I changed my mind. I captured Adrien and his took his miraculous."

She put up an evil grin. "Excellent work! I'm just about done beating the life out of Marinette. Let's finish them up together!"

"Eiffel Tower?"

"Splendid."

All I could do is grin.

[End Of Chapter 8]

Okay, so I'm not sure when I'll be publishing chapter 9 cause this week is going to be extremely hectic for me! Don't worry, I'll publish it hopefully by Friday!