Chapter 4

I woke in a bed. Someone must have carried me or something. I sat up. It wasn't quiet, not at all. I heard a lamp shatter.
"This is why we can't have nice things!" Darry yelled. Then he got shushed. I got ready and slid my shirt on. I snuck into the bathroom and got ready. I had no makeup but I saw some. Then I heard lady voices and one came nearer. I Finished makeup and walked into Pony.
"Hey there. I used the makeup."
"Alright. That was Soda's girlfriends stuff. She left it here." I walked into the living room. Pony was gone to movies and I sat amongst these idiots.

We did, until I heard screaming.
"There's screaming outside."
"Can you check who?" I looked and saw Pony.
I swore black and blue.
"It's Pony!" Everyone was up in seconds. And we left to save him.
Anything in bold is from the book and S. E. Hinton wrote it.

I ran out and pounded on one. The rest the gang got the others.
"They didn't hurt you too bad, did they?" He was pale and shaking. I'm guessing it's his first time. I launched a rock at the car and hit it. Dally high fived me. I think he likes me. I mean, I am his sister. But he is Dallas Winston.
"You got a little cut up, huh, Ponyboy?" I'll bet he was confused from the look on his face. Maybe it was adrenaline. Soda talked to him more and then we came back.
"What were you doin', walkin' by your lonesome?" True true true. He had been coming from the movies. Darry started yelling at him. I shuddered. Mom always beat me.
"Leave my kid brother alone, ya hear? It ain't his fault he likes to go to the movies, and it ain't his fault the Socs like to jump us, and if he had been carrying a blade it would have been a good excuse to cut him to ribbons." I thought about that. it was true. Then they all offered to go with him. Any of them. I shook my head at Dalla when he gave me a will you? He glared.
"Speakin' of movies, I'm walking over to the Nightly Double tomorrow night. Anybody wanna come and hunt some action?" Soda and Steve said no, so did Darry and Two-Bit (if he was drunk). Johnny and Pony did though.
"Grace, you're coming. like it or not."
"I was going to anyway."
"Good." This sounded boring, but it was something.

We walked over and snuck in. I sat by Pony while Dally talked to girls. They hated him. He got coke on him. Johnny made him leave. Ah, this is the show. But when Dal left, I left with him. She started talking to Pony.
"You gonna start in on us?" She ask/yelled. Pony shook his head. I never got the 'crush' thing teens have. Dal was fuming and swearing. I followed, till we came to Bucks place. Loud music blasted and I LOVED it!
"You aren't 21."
"Don't care. I hate liquor." I sat near the back. My jacket was black and I had my hair trashy. But, people talked. Then Dal and some dude fought. I watched him and the Curly kid found me. He gave me a sly grin.
"Do not start, or you'll end up like Dal. Black eyes. Joys of life." He left, to talk with Dallas, who in turn glared daggers at me. Finally I left to the Curtis's house. It was lonely. I fell asleep on the couch.

I woke up to screaming. And in a bed. Darry was mad and I hated it. I walked down to see the action.
"Don't you yell at him!" And Darry slapped Pony. Memories of my mom doing that to me paled me. Then Pony ran out.

The look on Darry's face was awful. I wished that was how mom acted when she hit me. I slid my jacket on. Then ran. Out the house. To somewhere. I had to leave, just like Pony. Escape my problems. Until someone tackled me.
"Not tonight." It was Darry. The pain was numb to me. I sat up. And sighed before heading to the Curtis's house again. And I fell asleep on the couch, while watching Darry and Soda talk and pace around. It was nerve wrecking.

Aw man! Only a little under 800 words. Also, THE END MAY NOT BE WHAT YOU WANT! DISAPPOINTMENT AHEAD! The end will be in a few chapters. Yeah, yeah. Short story. Eh. Idc what you think. I have it planned. Stay gold, friends. Or day at least. 😜😜😜