8

Last chapter!!!!!!!! Hmm, sad thought today. Groan...... Grace's POV

I sat in bed, bored. Dally never came back; I don't blame him. I mean, I'm on my death bed. I'm done thinking I'm gonna live. I won't. My back was broken and my skin seared off. There won't be a miracle. My nurse came in.
"Are you comfy?" I nodded.
She was mumbling to herself about being held at knife point.
"By who?" I asked.
"Dallas."
"Where's he going!"
"I don't know."
"When did he leave?"
"A couple minutes ago. Black switch was sharp."
"Is there anything I can do?" No point in being hard anymore.
"Bored?" She chuckled.
"I like you better than my other patients." We played a game of some kind. She left, then Dally and Pony and Johnny ran in. Pony looked sick.
"We beat em."
"What!"
"The socs!"
"Oh. Why bother?"
"Um..."
"Dally, I'm gonna die."
"You'll be fine. Your tough."
"Dal, Pony, Johnny. Don't die. Live for me since I can't."
"You aren't dying." Pony was silent, Johnny too.
"I love you guys. Dallas, please. For me." I felt the rest of my energy drain.

Dally's POV
I stared at her as she died. Died. No no no no. I slammed the wall. Tears down my cheeks. I can't be soft. I just couldn't help it. I yelled and ran out.
People yelled at the greaser Running out. I went in a store and grabbed the money. I can't outrun the police.
She isn't dead. Isn't dead. I swallowed and ran to the phone.
"Darry!"
"This is Steve. Dally?"
"(Darry) Dal?"
"please, get me! I can't outrun the police! I robbed a store!"
"Ok, go to the lot." I run, the cars coming. I skidded into the lot, under the light. My unloaded heater aimed at them.
"PUT IT DOWN" They'd shoot me, I'd die. But I'd break a silent promise. I fell to my knees, the heater falling to the ground. No tears, but she'd broken me.
"Dally!" I was soon surrounded by friends. I couldn't take it. I aimed it at me.
"Put it down!" They grabbed it and tried to unload it.
"Dallas, you know this is unloaded?"
"I don't care!" I leaned on Johnny, after being pulled up. She isn't gone. She is standing at the ash on Jay Mountain.
"Why don't you greasers leave."
"Gladly," I muttered. We started home, but I thought about the rumble now. Pony and Johnny had gotten a good soc. He got both of them.
"Glory, look at kid!"
I jerked around and Pony collapsed.

1 Week Later

"So, why'd you drop it?"
"I... I'd break a promise."
"To who?" Steve was puzzled. I'd been broken again and again.
"She told me and Pony and Johnny to live since she can't." He stared at me. I didn't cry. Except on the Hospital. And that was then. She never came back. The funeral was today. I just had my jacket. Nothing special.

At the funeral

I stared at her casket. The rose in my hand felt light, like nothing at all. I stared again, and I felt my wall sorta melt. I'd still be tough, but it'd be a fake.
"Thanks, Dal."

Ahahhahah! The end. Hopefully that's good. I may make another chapter later but maybe not. Bai!