The Promise.

So...My english teacher gave me a D- on my creative writing assignment because i didn't put it in the correct format and it was "Too Graphic" So i'm in a bad mood and Im deciding to be an evil writer. Have fun.

Percy's POV

I looked around. This can't be happening. I thought, I looked around and immediately recognized the place. The river, the distant palace, the millions of lost souls wandering aimlessly around moaning and whispering lost hopes and dreams. I looked ahead and my suspicious of my destination were confirmed, it seemed to continue on forever, the souls and the plain. Both endless. I had been here before, it had scared the living shi- ehem.....the living crap out of me. Asphodel...I thought. But how? Am I dead? I thought that if I ever died I would end up in Elysium. Right? Aren't I a hero? 

"Do you really believe that Perseus?" A voice said. I paled, my hands started shaking. My blood froze and my breath turned shallow. I could hear my heart pounding against my chest, the noise throbbing against my eardrums. Melodious with the sickly sweet voice behind me. I would have turned around but my feet felt like lead that had been sewn into the ground. I felt hot breath on my neck that sent shivers down my spine. Do you really believe that..? Echoed in my mind. Do I believe it? I always thought I did...But am I? 

"Poor poor Percy..Sent to his death before he could even say goodbye to his true love. How sad." The voice mocked then cackled. I clenched my fists slightly but then my eyes started to water. Annabeth. I'm sorry for not saying good-bye. Im sorry for not going after you when I could. Im sorry for picking my own petty emotions over my love for you. I do love you, and now I can't see you again. But I swear on the Styx, if I can do that when Im dead, That I will get out of here. I will bring myself back to life. And I will, see you again. If I dont let me be cursed to forever rot in the fields of punishment or tartarus. But I will keep my promise. I always do.