The "New" Girl

Annabeth's POV

I wish everyone would just shut up...I thought as every single daughter of Aphrodite sat in my cabin trying to comfort me with ice cream and makeovers. They cared more that the "Star of Camp" was dead than the fact that I was depressed. Figures. One girl seemed a bit different. I stared at the blonde hair blue eyed girl, one of the many traits of the generic Aphrodite girl, and realized something. She's not wearing make-up...I looked at her outfit, same as mine. Jeans and a camp half blood t-shirt with converse. I checked her posture and almost gasped. She was leaned against one of the bunk-beds with her arms crossed staring directly into my eyes No Aphrodite girls stand like that. I thought as I stared back. She jerked her head towards the door then walked out. I got up and followed her silently, the others called out for me but I kept following her towards the lava wall. She started climbing it and my eyes widened. Im dreaming...Im sooooo dreaming. An Aphrodite girl willingly climbing that wall dressed in normal clothes with no make up and a relaxed posture is watching me? Plus, I've never seen this girl around camp. Well, are you going to wonder forever or are you gonna follow her? Follow her. I sighed as I had these thoughts then quickly scaled up the wall. When I reached the platform I noticed the girl looking completely unfazed by the climb. No sweat or anything. Weird. I walked towards her.

"Well?" I asked. She flicked her head towards me and I took a step back. What are you doing? You're not afraid of her. I stepped forward.

"Well what?" She responded with a question. "Oh, why did I ask you to come up here? Well I couldnt talk infront of my sisters. Im not new here, if you're wondering. I just usually dont look like this. You know Melody Skies?"

"The really really preppy and mean Aphrodite girl with the fake tan?" I asked with my head cocked to the side. She clenched her fists.

"Yeah...That's me." Oops. "But I choose to play two parts, normal and bratty. This form? This form goes by a different name. I know I know, alot for your little Athena mind to comprehend but, alas, I wont explain it to you. I cannot explain my past to those who do not have the brain capacity to choose to listen." She said nonchalantly. I was dead silent, im sure my face was beet red and my breathing was rapid but I didnt know what to say. Its very rare that someone questions my intelligence, much less insults it. Especially not when my boyfriend just died. 

"But." She sighed. "If you must know my name, It's Starr. Starr skies."