Officially Yours

The raindrops were gone as Khamille stopped crying and what made her end her tears was a kiss from her prince…

Andre and Allyrine were walking away from the group. They felt exhausted and still her heart couldn’t recover from worrying too much for her friend, Khamille. Seeing such expression in her face, Andre thought of bringing Allyrine in the Tan Yan Kee Garden. Though unsure, she agreed due to her curiosity. “Maybe he had prepared something for me too,” Allyrine assumingly said to herself.

“Oh! Good thing it’s still here” Andre said as he picked his guitar near the fountain. “I left it here a while ago when I found out that Khamille was missing. I know you may not be in the mood for things like this now. Obviously, you’re tired from the practice and in finding Kaye but I guess this might make you feel better.” And by ‘this’ which he said would make her feel better, he was actually dedicating a song for his girl;

“I had a dream of you and me last night 
Under the stars and moon, so bright 
Lying together we hold each other tight 

There's nothing better than being just with you 
It's like a dream come true 
Over and over 
Again and again 
I'll say 
I love you 

Now we're together 
Never ever will I leave you 
We're together 
No one's gonna take you away from me 
Cause you'll be 
You will always be 
The only one for me”

Worries, stress, body pains… all was gone when she heard her man sang just for her. “Oh that’s sweet!” That’s all Allyrine could tell him. “Only for the most special girl in my life. Well, I don’t have the world that I can give. Just my loyalty and sincerity, I guess?! Haha!” Andre jokingly told her. After a second, the atmosphere gone serious and he added.  “When I was told by Marissa that she was already in a relationship with Jeric, I was so happy for her. A while ago, we saw Lorenzo and Khamille drenched from the rain. We could see in their facial expressions and gestures that there’s something that wasn’t there before. Again, I felt glad. Happy?! I asked myself.” Allyrine suddenly interrupted and sadly questioned. “What… didn’t I make you happy?” Andre immediately defensed “No… That’s not what I’m trying to point out. What I wanted to say was… will I ever be happy? Just like them?” “I would always be here for you. To sweep all your tears and fears away and put a smile on your face. Just like the old times.”

Flashback

They always loved to run somewhere near Allyrine’s family’s old mansion out of town. Andre’s parents work for them before and they became friends since then.  Fresh air and green grass of the rurban area where they used to play with when they were younger. Playmates, childhood friends… they were just like that back then. Before they part ways, they had the saccharine farewell.

“Someday, destiny would make our paths cross again.” Andre told her. “Would you still know my name?” He added. “How the memories we had could be erased. Not in the span of eternity, Andre.” The innocent Allyrine said. He replied. “Good to hear that from you. Aumm… Remember this.... You are always insecure in yourself but that’s not what I see in you. Whatever happens, I just want you to know that you were, are and will always be the ‘best girl ever’ for me.” Oh how fluttering! All she could say is… “Why the sweetest words does comes out from you. You believe in me more than I do. I promise the next time I see you, you can be proud of me. I will be ‘the best girl ever’ not just in your eyes but with others as well.” Andre smiled and called Allyrine. “Hey! Come here” Allyrine would ask him ‘what for’ but he suddenly kissed her three times. First, on her forehead. His lips ran down in her nose then slightly on the side of it. Her cheeks, exactly. Just cheeks?! Oh come on, Dre. “I did that to give you a reason to wait for me” The young girl whispered in reply. “I might be young but not naive to say this… I love you!” The young boy smiled but opposed what she said. “Heeeey! I should say that not you! I love you too!” Then, smiled again. Allyrine steals a kiss in his lips! “What was that for?” Andre asked with cheeks turning red. “Something to remind you of sweet Allyrine.”

-End of flashback-

 “Look at me now. I have grown up to be the ‘best girl ever’ like what I promised you.” Allyrine proudly told him. Andre replied. “Yeah! I could see that! Not only in my eyes, the other men too.” Then, he laughed at it. Allyrine slightly irritated said. “Hey! I’m damn serious about this. I changed the way I dress, speak, act and even think just to fulfill that. You know?” “But you’re still that old sweet Allyrine who takes everything seriously. Maybe a little naive but true to her words… and promises.” He replied. “There’s one more promise to myself which I haven’t achieved yet.” Allyrine uttered in a serious tone. The laughing Andre got serious as well. “What?” He smiled. Like the old times, she stole a kiss in his lips once again and said. “By the time I completely turned to be the way I dreamed to be, I’ll find you and never let you out of my sight ever again.” The girl pulled him closer attempted to hug him. When Andre was finally in her arms, she whispered in his ears. “Will you be mine?” Andre’s somewhat bothered and could not think well. “Enlighten me please. Your question was sort of confusing.” His thoughts was completely disordered. She held him even tighter and reiterated. “I was asking if you could be my boyfriend.” Her embrace loosened and Andre got to breathe, recovering from the shock he felt because of her question. “Should I be the one asking not you?” “Yeah!” Allyrine answered shortly. “I demand an answer from you. Yes or no? You got two choices, young man.” She continued. Out from the silence, a loud voice was heard from him… “I do. I want to be your boyfriend.” “Why do you always buffer when you need to answer immediately? If it happens to you in class what do you do?” Allyrine tried to make fun of him. Andre knew it so he gave the girl an honest answer. “When my thoughts get disordered, I let my heart speak for me.” Then, he smiled (he always does that) She’s still in the mood for jokes, she told him. “Do you have to smile every time you’re done with your lines? It isn’t cute…” He slightly got conscious of just flashing his smile so he just said in reply. “So you’re telling me that your boyfriend isn’t cute?” Allyrine giggled and answered. “Well, my boyfriend’s a damn good-looking hot guy wearing glasses. Want to meet him? Oh wait! He’s just beside me!”

Footnote:

Jeric and Marissa- check. Andre and Allyrine-check. Some of you thought that they were officially in a relationship on the first chapter they kissed but no. A kiss… it’s just a kiss, come on! ^^ It’s kinda weird for a girl to ask a guy to be her boyfriend but fine with me, it’s her oath during her childhood days. Anyway, they’re both good person and they make a great and perfect combination. Tell me what chapter will Khamille and Lorenzo would be together. Oh please! Everyone’s waiting and dying for that. But, I guess you have to patiently wait a little longer.

Feel free to vote or leave a comment/ suggestion below or in our official twitter account: @VimKayNi

Follow us on twitter: @vim_rendon016 ll @KayeVonStaddi ll @MariaAntooonia 

And for other stories/ novels/one-shots, please visit Wattypaddie writers: MidLightFantasist ll KayeVonStaddi

P.S. The song was entitled “Now we’re together” by Khalil Ramos

- Allyrine Del Ruiz