Xi Nian Kuai Le

-At Del Ruiz’s Fortress-

The gang was all dressed in their Chinese outfit, readying themselves for the faked Chinese New Year Celebration. They set a get-together just for them to lighten up for their Chinese couples, Wryan Chua and Christalle Go, who were a bit home sick to their homeland.

Instead of doing stuffs patterned to the Chinese tradition (which the group wasn’t even familiar with), they thought of having a videoke party while waiting for the Nian Gao Cake they were baking. Christalle and Wryan stayed at the kitchen to watch over the cake and prepare other dishes.

Being the aggressive and most excited one, Jeric took the microphone from the techy André who was setting up the videoke for them. He dialed 1621- When You Say Nothing At All. As if the moron was serenading his girl who was so kinikilig that moment. Marissa haven’t even realized how Jeric sounded off-tuned. Lorenzo even attempted to throw a pillow in Jeric’s face who’s feeling like the “master of videoke.” Good thing, Jeric’s piece ended soon. André took the mic from Jeric and threw it to Lorenzo. Nice catch from that man who sang 2707- You and Me. To his surprise, Allyrine fished her laptop somewhere under the sofa and skyped Khamille who was laughing from the other line. It’s not that he’s off-tuned like Jeric. He’s even way better than Jeric… let’s say 75% better than him or make that a 100%.^^ Enzo’s still not that much impressive though.

Right after the song, Khamille commented on Enzo.

“Can’t help but laugh at you, princey. Sorry.” Laughs in between her statement.

“Well, stupid as it may seem, I dedicate that song to you.” Lorenzo said.

“Aaaah! That’s sweet! Anyway, I’m not throwing your efforts away. It means a lot to me. I love you!” Kaye replied.

Jeric butted in their sweet conversation.

“Hey! Lil’ sis! What’s up? Have you heard me sing? I’m way better than my brother-in-law… You know! Want me to sing a song for y-”

Even before he finished what he was about to say, the group shouted a loud “NO!” in his face.

Kaye laughed at the other line and muttered. “Hell no, bro! Even cats sing better than you do. Haha!”

“Fine then! I bet your best friend sings worse than I do.”

“Who were you challenging… THE Allyrine Del Ruiz? Fudge, bro! Choose someone better… if there’s someone better in singing than Allie does.”

Allyrine being the topic of discussion stood and uttered. “Game on, Jer! If I get a score higher than what you had a few moments ago, you and Mar-mar will clean the dishes. If not, mi amour André and I would. Deal?!”

Jeric Von Staddi won’t say ‘no’ to any dares.

“You’re messing up with the wrong kiddo, Jeric! Don’t tell me I haven’t warned you.” Kaye said.

Marissa replied. “Don’t worry, Kaye. I’m good in doing household chores.”

Jeric immediately butted in once more. “We’ll see about that!”

André was clueless of what they’re talking about. Although he was with Allyrine when they were young, he still haven’t heard her singing voice… not until 0419- Especially for You played. Whoa! Everyone who haven’t heard of how angelic her voice is were blown away especially Jeric. Just as the interlude was playing, Jeric heaved a deep breath. “Flags down! I accept my defeat!”

The group giggled hardly at how Jeric was beaten… by a girl… in some singing contest.^^

A warm round of applause for THE Allyrine Del Ruiz. When she sat beside André, he whispered in her ears. “Seems like there is nothing my Allie couldn’t do.” Then, smiled at her. She replied nothing but a smile. André pushed her near him and envelope her in his arms.