6

Naruto yawned as he made his way to the Hokage's office. He stretched his arms and cracked his neck, back and forth, trying to get all the kinks out. People walking by him winced when they heard the creak and groan of his bones and muscles pulling and popping, but he paid them no mind. His mind was elsewhere, still on the date with TenTen. It had been wonderful to spend an evening with someone who treated him like a regular person. She didn't hit him on the head once, didn't threaten him, and didn't expect him to go above and beyond just for her enjoyment. TenTen just wanted him to be him. He couldn't wait for their next date. Who knows when that'll be though? Ninja schedules aren't exactly ideal for relationships.

Leaving his hammer outside this time to avoid a potentially hazardous run in with Shizune, Naruto made his way to Tsunade's office. He waved hello to Shizune and walked through the door, closing it behind him with a sigh when he realized the Hokage was out cold and drooling on her desk. Why didn't the woman just put a cot in the room if she was never going to go home? It would be much more comfortable than that chair and desk. Steeling himself for whatever was about to happen he slunk over beside her chair and gave her a gentle push.

"Baa-chan, you need to wake up. Come on, wake up. Wakey, wakey...HEY YOU OLD BITCH, WAKE UP!"

Before her reflexes could kick in, Naruto sprung to the ceiling and stuck there with chakra. He was trying not to laugh his ass off as Tsunade looked in every direction but up to find the person who slighted her. That voice had sounded familiar and if it was who she thought it was, he was still around. Naruto's luck wasn't what it used to be though, and the ceiling tile he had been clinging to broke and he landed in an unceremonious heap on top of her desk. Tsunade smirked and pinned him to the desk by his shoulders.

"Well, well, I go to sleep for five minutes and it's raining cute little blondes. Little bratty blondes, but cute nonetheless."

"Let me up Baa-chan."

"Now why would I do that? I believe you fell into my lap, not the other way around. Besides, I always wanted a fox as a pet."

"Don't joke like that please. You know I hate being compared to that bastard."

Tsunade huffed and let him up. The boy could take a joke about anything but his fox like features. It wasn't her fault they were what made him so unique. Glancing at the clock, she saw it read just a little after 8:30. Raising an angry eyebrow, she sneered at her younger subordinate.

"Didn't they teach you kids that ninja never show up early? You show up on time, at the exact time. I had another good thirty minutes before Sakura shows up to sleep and you ruined it."

"I'm sorry, but I wanted to talk to you."

"Oh? About what?"

"Me and some choices I've made recently."

"Go on."

"I've made a conscious decision to stop pursuing Uchiha Sasuke. I won't put my life or the lives of my comrades in danger because of him."

"What brought this about? And how, exactly, are you talking without sounding like an idiot?"

"It's a gift from Kami. I was never truly stupid, Baa-chan, just ignorant. There's a difference you know. I can think more clearly now thanks to the gift. It's...refreshing to be able to think clearly."

"Does it have anything to do with your eyes?"

"I don't know. I was starting to think with a clearer head before the eyes, but when I received them it seemed to speed up the process. I don't know if they affected it or not."

"Is it a doujutsu?"

"I don't think so. I'll have to ask Sanosuke next time I see him."

"Sanosuke?"