Serenity

Walking down the aisle the flashback started pouring in. My first kiss with my college sweetheart, my friends laughing at the graduation day throwing their hats in the air, promises made to visit Paris after graduation.. All these memories were nothing compared to the feelings which novels shared. Novels described the walk of the aisle to be the most memorable walk of life, it would be moments i spent with my guy! My memories were everything except for the boy i was supposed to get married in the next 120 seconds.. I looked over to my dad who held my hand as tight as possible. His face was lightened up and could not stop smiling. It was a dream for him to choose the right boy for me and see me happily married. They were so convinced that "my guy" would keep me happy that they did not once ask me for my opinion. Not that they forced me or something but i just could not tell them No. We were best friends for more than 15 years but my parents thought we had a connection which we denied to see. It was nothing like that. Infact he had been dating this girl for 5 years and had broken up cause she had to get married to some jerk. GOD!! He had been a zombie 2-3 months after that. I looked over to the priest and noticed he had been looking at me as if he was waiting for the answer. I then i realised i was completely zoned out. He looked at my confused face and asked again .. " Do you Ms. Serenity Jones take Mr. Richard Mathews as your husband and promise to be by his side for as long as you live?"