Serenity

As I looked back to Richard he was looking at me like I'm some kind of a bomb ready to be blown off. I smiled and asked,

"Since how long are you two back in contact?"

He was nervous - not good.

He yanked a hand in his hair- not good.

"Since a few months. We're just friends. She's married. I wanted to tell you but.."

I couldn't . I knew kissing him would be a mistake. A heart break only for me.

"But you didn't. What happened before Lyra came, was a mistake. Only a mistake. And whatever relationship you want to have with Lyra , please have it outside the House. She has a kid to take care of. I hope you understand the responsibility. Take the first kit to her."

I turned around and headed directly for the bedroom ignoring the calls from Richard.

The entire day events had drained me but I couldn't sleep. I was lying on the bed thinking and wondering who is it to blame? Lyra?

No, I couldn't blame her. She's gone through too much already. I already knew My marriage is useless. We can get a divorce and they can get married soon. Eve can get a father too."

I didn't realize I was crying until I felt the wetness of the pillow. In an hour or two I drifted off to sleep.

I knew I was asleep, but I could feel my surroundings. I could hear the door opening , my bed dipping and someone putting their arms around me. It felt familiar and I drifted off to a peaceful sleep.

I woke up by 11:30. I looked onto the other side of the bed and surely the mattress was moved. The pillow wasn't there. Richard hated sleeping with the pillow. He said he's got his "arms" to sleep on.

I knew I was supposed to be mad at him but I couldnt. His hugs made me feel secure. I needed him more than I think I do.