Flashback

Living the life of 2 different minds is surely exhausting.

Especially if u r trying to convince urself that ur best friend is ur husband whom you can never fall in love with.

or actually .. never confess your feelings to.

*flashback 15 years agao*

It was a cold december day and Serenity was tucked under her warm comforting blanket.

she was dreaming of her marriage when she was walking down the aisle with her father proudly holding her hand. And her mother brightly smiling up to her.

That was all she had ever wanted.

As soon as she turned her eyes from her mother to the handsome man standing at the aisle the earth shook. Everything started crumbling down and she just couldn't breathe.

she tried hard as she could but all she did was hear her name being calling out.

Next she knew a bucket of water was been thrown on her by none other than Richard .

She was furious. She was supposed to see the guy she was going to marry but instead she saw a 10 year old smirking Richard standing with his red bucket .

The wetness of his tshirt showed that he was the culprit.

She quickly sprung out of her bed and ran behind Richard who was faster than her due to the 2 years difference they shared.

She then realized that she had forgotten to change her wet clothes which she did and later went down towards the kitchen , her anger fading away a little.

She sat down with a thud on the chair and greedily looked at the pancakes dipped with syrup.. ohh yumm.. if you present a dying man and a plate of pankcakes dipped with syrup she would obviously choose the plate. (hope she never gets to see this day)

She looked over at Richard and saw that he had his puppy dog eye expression on and was pushing the plate filled with pancakes towards me.

oh... That just made her smile her heart out.

She returned to her pancakes with a smile on her face.

Their friendship was always like this.

He would tease her and then show her , his puppy dog eyes and she would melt.

He knew better than anyone what she liked and when.

She was his weakness and he knew this, but so was she and she knew it well.

During their high school years...

Serenity got her first boy friend. It became difficult to deal with Richard's girl friends with a smiling face all throughtout and she needed to move on.

She started dating a very popular jock Samuel Kings.

His surname gave an idea of his wealth collection and he was the son of a billionaire.

Though Serenity was a pretty girl she was not popular amongst the school population but she wasn't even a loner.

She had her own number of friends.

Samuel started showing interest in her suddenly and she was confused at first.

But she eventually fell for his charm and started dating her.

He got her to declare her undying love for him in front of the whole school and was laughed at.

Everybody including her boyfriend Samuel was laughing at her.

She then came to know that Samuel had made a bet with his group to date a loner, make her popular and then humiliate her in front of the whole school.

She was broken and Richard couldnot see that.

He broke Samuel's nose and was even suspended for that.

One thing was sure that their friendship was unbreakable.