Chapter 2

It was early in the morning. At least when I glanced at the clock it showed 6:29 a.m. and for me that's pretty early.

Chuuya was lying right next to me. He has been living in my apartment at the agency's lodge since we returned from the fight with Oliver Bowden. Every night, after I took a bath, Chuuya would patiently and kindly care for my wound and help me replace the bandages. He did it so carefully, almost as if I'd brake under his touch... Such gentle touch... Beautiful and perfect hands that could be as dangerous as they were kind... And there was my morning wood just by imagining Chuuya's hands all over me. Seriously, I don't even know how that never happened when he was actually touching me but whatever.

I got up as quietly as I could and made my way to the bathroom. Also took the opportunity to take a bath.

My tiny partner was still sleeping soundly when I got out of the bath. I slipped on briefs and a pair of jeans, it was my day off and I felt like wearing something more casual, and headed to the kitchen to brew myself some coffee. That's when I remembered how Chuuya enjoyed a mug of good coffee with milk and a hint of caramel with cream and a little bit of chocolate powder on top. It was indeed delicious, no one could say Chuuya had a bad taste... just not in clothing.

I made two of those drinks and went to wake up the sleeping male beauty. "Chuuya" I called kindly, sitting on the bed. "Chuuya" He fidgeted a little in his sleep and mumbled something that sounded like 'coffee'. "Yes, Chuuya. It's coffee"

"Dazai" Oh my god! Did he just say my name as he slept? "Fuck off, it's too early" He grumbled. I was somewhat disappointed.

"But I brewed your favorite coffee"

He looked up at me and took a while to load the scene. Of course that Chuuya always made the important question. "Why the fuck don't you have a shirt on?"

"Does it bother you?"

He didn't answer. He took the mug and drank it in silence. I noticed a slight shade of red on his cheeks and he was complaining and probably cursing me into the mug. I chuckled.

"There's bread and other stuff in the kitchen in case you're hungry"

Chuuya followed me into the kitchen cutely holding his mug with both hands. He sat on the counter - an old habit - and watched as I moved around preparing something to eat.

"Are the bandages bothering you? Does it feel uncomfortable when you put on a shirt? I'm sorry I can re-do them for you" I stopped, staring at him. He looked really concerned and I giggled at how cute that was.

"It's fine Chuuya. I had just come out of bath and didn't feel like it"

He looked down at his mug. "What about your wound?"

"Fine as well"

There was something weird in the way he lost himself in thought. His behaviour in general seemed kind of weird, starting with the fact that he had parked his ass at my house. He probably had his reasons and I didn't want to pressure him. Last time that happened we had a huge argument...

I left the kitchen to pick up something in my jacket that was hanged near the door. "Chuuya" I called as I returned. "I think this belongs to you" His eyes sparkled at the sight of his beloved dagger. "Unfortunately they cannot share the story anymore"

"When did you get it?" He put the mug aside to pick up the dagger and analyse it.

"Two nights ago. When you fell asleep on the couch waiting for me"

I recalled how cute that was and how happy I was for getting back home and having someone waiting for me. Even if that someone failed to stay awake.