Chapter 13

The bar we all agreed on going after dinner was kind of crowded. Thankfully Chuuya has contacts in the 'alcohol business' and knew the big and nice owner of the place who prepared the best table for us.

It didn't take long before Tanizaki and his sister decided to eat each other's faces in the corner. Akutagawa and Atsushi simply vanished and soon, both Chuuya and I moved to the counter, leaving Kunikida and Yosano with the rest of the mafia crew. They were just chatting and laughing and drinking so I guessed it would be alright.

"So, I heard that for a moment you became a totally different person. Were you that afraid of losing me?" Chuuya asked after he sipped on his glass of wine. I was eyeing him as he did so but was quick to look away and purse my lips, cursing internally after his question. "Were you or were you not?"

I gave him a sideways glance as my fingers traced the border of my own glass of wine. He had shifted on his stool and was now sitting sideways, facing me. And of course he was wearing his trademark smirk. I sighed in defeat looking at my glass again. "Yes, I was" I answered sipping from the glass in my hand.

After my answer, he eyed me for a while. "What?"

"It is hard to imagine you changing so drastically for someone. You are always so cold that... I don't know, I never thought you'd lose it. I thought that in a similar situation you'd just keep your cool and act cold and don't give a fuck as always" The smirk on his face had turned upside down. "It's weird"

I chuckled soundly. He looked up at me. "It wasn't changing for someone but changing for you" I paused glancing at my glass. It was more than a half empty, it would explain my honesty, right? "I wouldn't have done that for anybody else but you, Chuuya"

A faint shade of red invaded his cheeks. I took the opportunity to peck his lips and steal a gentle kiss.

"Just that? I just returned from the dead and that's all you have for me?" Still blushing but wearing his grin, trying to hide his embarrassment. Or it could also be the wine and his lust talking.

"You weren't dead"

"I was more dead than alive"

"Still not dead"

"I was more dead than you'll ever be!"

My mouth gaped open in fake shock. "How dare you?" He smirked. I laughed. He was back to his normal self and that eased the weight on my shoulders.

I abruptly placed my hands on his legs and groped his thighs. He gasped and I captured his lips before he could protest or moan. And by the way he pulled me to him making me abandon my stool, I was pretty sure that he was going to moan.

We broke the kiss to breathe. The distance between us was still minimal though as he breathed out my name on my lips. "Dazai..." His expression was just so ugh! God! I picked him up and moved us to a table lying him down on top of it and connecting our mouths again.

And that's how I came to hate the owner of that bar. He coughed twice and we stopped to look at him. "I'm sorry but I cannot allow you to keep going in here. Please leave"

Both Chuuya and I glared at the man as we got up and walked back to our table to collect our things.

"What's going on?" Kunikida asked as we grabbed our jackets.

"Kicked out for making out" I answered with an angry grin. "Oh by the way, Kunikida. Am I allowed to stay home tomorrow?"

"No"

"Thank you very much. You are so kind. I know you'll take care of everything. Bye~!"

"Dazai!" I heard Kunikida complain as Chuuya and I walked out of the bar. The air outside was cold and it froze my nose.