Chapter 1

~Rose

"Rose, you can clean room 203 now. Mr.Wallace has just left." Mary said to me while heading in the opposite direction.

"Okay,"I said.

I push my cart full of cleaning supplies to the elevator and went to the second floor. I was relieved that nobody else had got on with me because of the awkward silence we always ending up drowning in.

Making a stop infront of the door I took out my key. When I got in I checked to see if the room was vacant just to be sure. Seeing that it was clearly empty I knew it was time for me to go to work.

When I finally looked at the time I saw that it was twelve o'clock. I did 10 rooms and was headed for my 11th. I been doing this for a month now. I was starting to clean faster than I was when I started. I also clean the floors of the hallway in between rooms.
As I was headed back to the lobby on the main floor I was stopped by my manager, Chelsie. She hates my whole being on earth and I have no clue why.

"We're low on staff tonight so your needed on the 40th floor," her voice dripping with attitude and hate so thick if she would've spit it could've cut me . She gave me a slight smirk that was so fast I thought I was hallucinating for a moment. I didn't respond to the trifling witch. So I simply just made my way back to the elevators. I took a deep breath because I never been on this floor. This floor was simply for the owner of the hotel and nobody was allowed up here unless we are told to. I've never seen the owner. I really don't care too much about him/her. Most of the time they send people here to check up on the hotels. They have never physically been here to do it themselves every month. Especially with multiple hotels all across the country.

My nerves wasn't as jittery as before. I had heard that the owner was very impatient, rude, and very intimidating from the other staff that has worked here way long than me. So I'm guess that they've had some visits from the owner.

Lost in my thoughts I barely realized that I was right in front of the double doors to the room. Taking a deep breath and holding it in while I knock. Not hearing anyone I was conflicted because I didn't know if I should leave while I still had the chance or just go in the room.

I didn't feel like hearing nobody's mouth over something like this so I took my master key and unlock the door.

"WOW!" I mumble to my self as I started looking around.

That was the only thing that come to my mind as I saw this beautiful place. Everything looks like it was sculpted by only the finest people. Almost as if it was custom made specifically for this room. This place screamed money. Everything was so shiny like it was dusted all through out the day times a day. If everything is clean why do they need me then? I wondered to myself. As I kept looking around I started to feel weird. Knowing that when I left here I was going to an apartment that I called home and the bedroom doesn't even look like one because the kitchen is in it plus my pull out couch dosent help either. Looking down at my shoes in shame. Then I felt as though I should take my dusty raggedy shoes off. Just so I wouldn't mark up the floors.

I been standing hear for 5 minutes unknowingly. I was to scared that if I moved I would break something and I knew that if I did I would not be able to afford it. Too lost in my thoughts again. I zoned out of reality for a good minute.

"HEY! What the hell are you doing in here."

I was shocked. I stood there frozen. Trying to find the right words to say but it was useless so I just didn't say anything. So I just stared at him.