Chapter 13

"MOMMY! MOMMY! Your here."
Chance said excitedly while hugging me as tight as he could.

My heart swelled and I picked him up and started swinging him around playful.

"I missed you too baby." I felt my eyes get glossy as well as his but I pushed my tears away to address my baby's discomfort.

He started to cry.

"What's wrong munchkin." I asked while sitting down with him in my arms.

"I-I thought you left me and you were never coming back." He mumbled in my neck. His words muffled together along with him still troubling with pronouncing words. It was cute thoo.
I still manage to understand him clear as day. He buried his head in my neck.

I heard him sniffling then he snuggled closer my arms. My heart ace from realization that I'm an unfit mother. I was the reason for his distress.

"Baby mommy will never ever leave you. Okay. I promise." I tried my best to reassure him.

He sniffed while rubbing his eyes.
"Really?" He asked staring me right in the eyes.
"Really." I tried to reassure him.
"You pinky promise?" He ask with hope in his voice while holding out his pinky.
"I pinky promise."
I smiled and let my overgrown pinky engulf his while doing a silly face causing him to giggle.

After he seemed pleased for the moment I started to tickle him.
He scream and started laughing hard.

"OKAY MOMMY OKAY!" He screamed out before laughing again.

I laughed at his silliness  and kissed him on his forehead. I took my thumb and wipe the remains of his tears.

"Where is Aunt Kas?" I asked.
"She fell asleep." He told me.
Then I realized something.

"What did we tell you about opening the door with out permission from aunt Kas?" I scowled him. I was truly frighten of the thought of something bad happening to him.

He avoided my eyes and started playing with his fingers.

"What if a big meanie was outside and you let him in?" I asked him with seriousness lacing every word.

"Do you want a big meanie to hurt you or Aunt Kas?" I asked him waiting on his reaction.

He shook his head vigorously.
"Then don't open the door without permission okay."

"Okay." He mumbled.
I sighed and shook my head at his antics because he's so much like me.

"Come on let's go wake her up." I said while getting up.

Before we went in the room we decide to have a race on who could get there first and wake her up.

"One....two....three...GO!" I yelled and started running letting him take the lead and smiled at how fast his little feet was moving.

When we reached the room he ran and jumped on her body and laughed as I jumped in the bed.

"Aunty!" Chance yelled.
"Huh? I'm up. I'm up baby. What is it?"
She said while sitting up.

"Look! Look! Mommy is here." Chance excitement skyrocketing all over again.
I gleamed with happiness watching him.

"Oh I see." She said with a bright smile on her face.
"Hey ma." I said while embracing her. I really did miss her hugs. The only thing close to a mother figure to me and she still look young for her to be in her forties.

"How you been." She eyed me like she knew something was up.

"I'm fine, times just seem kinda hard and confusing." I said truthfully.