Day 12- The wheel of fortune

The door bell rang a few times, and I quickly ran towards it to open it. (Not to mention on the way, I smacked my toe on the tea table..Ouch)

It was dad, he had a couple of paper bags in his hands, so I took some from him and closed the door, but he told me to keep it open because there was someone behind him that was bringing a few other bags, so I did.

Placing the bags in the kitchen, my dad yelled from the kitchen to bring him a glass of water.

"Dad did you bring my Cheerios?!" I asked.

"Yea I did."

I went to the living room again with the glass of water,

"Mom went out to meet her employee, said she wanted to discuss some-"

Suddenly I stopped, wide-eyed and surprised.

Jellal was in the living room with my dad, the "someone that was bringing a few other bags" was in fact him.

"Thing..." I felt the glass slipping from my hands, however dad took it and gave it to Jellal.

He looked at me, as always expressionless and drank the water.

"Thank you Mr.Scarlet." He said and bowed.

"No thank you for your help kid, if not for you, my back would have been broken by now." Dad laughed and patted his back. "Oh let me introduce to my daughter, Erza."

He pointed at me, and reflexively I bowed.

"Nice to meet you." He advanced towards me, "I'm Jellal." And winked at me playfully.

"Wh-what are you doing here..?" I softly asked.

"Erza, I have to get back to office for a while so tell mom I will be home a little late." Dad said and I nodded.

Promptly, he left again after assuring Jellal that he can stay as long as he wants and that I would be there to give him company.

Since I knew him, I had no complaints about him staying but if he was a stranger, dad would have gotten an earful from me for leaving a stranger with his daughter.

"I helped your dad. Of course it was unintentional, I didn't know he was your dad so don't go thinking anything." He said and sat on the couch.

"I see.." That's all I said, and sat across him. "Well you can leave if you want."

"You want me to leave?"

"No uh I mean, you might have other important things right.." I snatched the pillow from beside me and held it tightly.

My heart was aching.

Somehow talking to him feels so awkward..

Like I want to run away from him.

"I'm free today, I can stay for a bit right." He asked.

"Sure...If you want to, but I don't have anything to entertain you so.."

"I don't need entertainment, you are there aren't you?"

"What does that mean?" I frowned confusedly.

"I mean, we could spend some time together, why don't you show me around your house or something?"

Do I tell him that I'm engaged with Gray?

But he didn't tell me that he's engaged with Meredy so why should I bother first right...

"Uh alright, if you want to see my lovely house then why not." I threw the pillow back in its place and got up.