Epilogue I

Guess some love are never meant to be...

I ordered a bottle of beer. Getting drunk wasn't my thing but the pain was too much. The pain of finally losing her to someone else was more than I could bear.

A middle-aged lady at the counter had popped open the beer bottle and handed it to me. "Here you go, handsome."

I nodded and took a long, fizzy sip. I know I shouldn't have left in the middle of the wedding...but I couldn't take it anymore.

I loosened my tie and unbuttoned a few buttons of my shirt from the top. There was too much warmth in the bar. There was this feeling inside me. The feeling of wanting to cry, of wanting to throw things around, of wanting to punch Jellal for snatching her away but there was also the feeling of feeling less burdened somehow... The feeling of doing the right thing. The feeling of letting go.

I sipped again and this time, the feelings had vanished into a trance. Forgetting her was the only choice for me to live my life less painfully.

"You seem heartbroken." A funny voice with a funny accent said from beside me. I jerked my head towards her and she wasn't familiar at all. She had dark blue hair, they were wavy. She wore almost all blue like there was no other color in her wardrobe; blue top, blue jeans, blue sneakers, however, something about her eyes, no... something about her was different.

"I am." I chuckled because I wanted to.

"She broke up with you or vice versa?"

"Actually, she's married now." Saying those words made me want to empty the beer bottle and ask for another one.

"Ah, damn...that sucks." She sympathized me.

"It does." I nodded.

"And you're drinking to forget her?" I looked at her again.

"More or less."

"That's sad..."

"It is?"

"Yeah. I went through the same thing."

"So, that's why you could read my expression?"

"That and you looked handsome so I wanted to talk to you." She laughed. She's honest.

I laughed back.

"Though, now that the girl you love is married, you have no choice but to move on." She said. "It will be difficult, but it's not impossible." She winked and for some reason, her words had touched me. What she said was definite.

I took another sip, but this time, it wasn't a long one. It wasn't a painful drink anymore.

"Thank you," I muttered.

"What for?"

For making me realize that holding onto something unreachable is a waste of time. That moving on is the only choice I have now... "Never mind." I sighed.

"Hm, alright..." She nodded. "Though, won't you tell me your name, handsome?"

"Gray."

"Aha, the names as handsome as you."

"Flattered." I scoffed and sipped.

"Well, Gray, it was nice talking to you but unfortunately, I would have to leave now." She got up from her seat and turned around to walk away, however, I quickly stopped here. "Wait!" And she turned around again to look at me. "You haven't told me your name."

"You wanna play fair, huh?" She smiled, "It's Juvia."

Juvia...

"Nice to meet you too, Juvia. Hope we meet again." I said inadvertently.

She nodded, "Hopefully. If it's written in destiny then surely, we will meet." That was the last she said to me. Then she vanished into the darkness, the crowd and the symphony of the saxophones.

Written in destiny, huh...Guess this destiny dude didn't write that I was the one for a scarlet-haired girl. Perhaps, a girl in blue has been written for me.

Perchance, this might not be our last encounter.