Day 72- Home Sweet Home

I ran breathlessly on the street. My feet were hurting, my hair was flowing behind me and the windy weather touched my bare shoulders. I was holding my long, white silk gown in both my hands so that I wouldn't fall. My heels clicked and clacked as I sprinted up the church stairs.

Forcefully pushing the door open, I saw the alter, the priest and him in front of me. Dozen's of eyes of strangers, friends, and relatives had their gazes stuck at me while I slowly began walking towards them. I could feel my heart thumping so loud, so intensely. I was losing focus of my sight due to nervousness but I held on and kept on walking without looking at either side of me.

The church wasn't decorated but yet beauty emanated from its very core.

I stood across him, facing him, staring into his eyes. I couldn't be any happier. That's what I thought. Then the priest began saying something, it was inaudible for me. Everything around me was out of my focal point except his charming face.

I looked at his lips and the words came out loud and clear, "I do."

He stared at me back, his pink set curling up into a smile and a pleased smirk. I felt my tongue tingling to say those words back to him. I felt a strange euphoria spreading across my body and my heart was at its rapid beating as always.

"I do," I remember saying it so loud and clear that my ears rang in echo. It was my voice. It was my tone; an octave too high.

But then something happened. Just when I thought I was the happiest person on this planet earth, I turned out to be the most confused one.

Jellal's face that was beaming at me--who was ever ready to embrace me and kiss me—had changed to Gray's face.

He was smiling at me the same way Jellal did. My eyes grew wide. My thoughts went haywire and my rapid beating heart stopped at once.

Gray held my pale hands and pulled me towards him gently. I felt his hand in mine; so tender and cold. I also felt the thickness of his black suit and the heaviness of his body. He chuckled and bumped our foreheads and for some reason, I chuckled back. I was suddenly feeling happy again. As though the two of us were meant to be married.

And we kissed.

I woke up.

--

My eyes shot wide open and the blank ceiling greeted me blandly. It was a dream...It was just a dream...

I took a sigh of relief and closed my eyes again. I didn't want to dream that dream again.

"Had a nightmare?" A familiar voice spoke beside me and I jumped; startled and shocked. Grabbing the pillow, I held it in front of me like a shield and let out a tiny, faint yelp. My voice had not yet come back to me since I had just woken up.

"Woah there, Captain America. Calm down, it's just me."

I looked from on top of the pillow and saw Gray laying on my bed coolly. Almost like he owned the damn room.

"W-what are you doing here, Gray?" I annoyedly threw the pillow at him and pushed back my messy hair.

Gray caught the pillow, "I just came to wake you up but then you were in a deep sleep so I thought I would just spend some time looking at this--" He moved his eyes from my head to toe, "Beautiful piece of art." He winked at me.

"Get out of my room." I exhaled loudly, practically controlling my rage inside my fist.

"Wow, you're angry. I should probably get out before I get thrown out of the window." He mumbled and eventually, step by step, made his way towards the door. "Oh, by the way, you sleep talk."