Chapter 1

Chloe got into class and sighed. Her best friends Jaimy and Clara were doing plies at the bar, but shaking with nerves. Her teacher Abby came over to them. She was also nervous- she didn't want to lose one or two of her dancers to Rodher Brendon's evil games. Even still, she called her seven competition dancers into formation in a harsh manner.

"Girls, tomorrow is an important day. For ALL of us. No, there is no competition to win, but there is still my dance studio's reputation at stake. Remember this is going to be televised all over the USA and in Washington. So, I want you in your places for the group number- Chloe at the front, the rest of you in pyramid formation."

Chloe took her place on the floor at the tip of the pyramid. The music started- it was an new number called 'Til Death Do Us Part', and the team had only been learning it for a few days. The music started and Chloe got up and danced the group dance along with her classmates. They were around ten seconds from the end when Abby cut the music. "Isabella! I swear to God, you get those damn legs straight young lady! From the top... And do it right!" This time they got through the whole dance without having to stop once. Abby was slouched in her chair, frowning. "Better. Much better. But still not perfect!" she said. "Girls, I need perfect! Your dismissed, Chloe run your solo."

Chloe got through her new solo dedicated to the games- it was named Firebird, and it was a contemporary number, her favourite Abby had ever choreographed for her. She got through it without any mistakes, and Abby looked as if she was trying not to cry.

"Good luck, Chloe," she murmured, and with that, she left Studio A and went into the changing room to give the rest of the team her pre-reaping pep-talk.