Chapter 8

By the time Chloe woke up, they had reached the Capitol. The train was stationary and there was a small glimmer of sun shining through the lace cutained window to the side of her bed.  She pressed a button on her headboard,  and a virtual screen popped up in front of her. There were several functions- games,  alarm clock- even MediaWorld! She chose the alarm clock tab and checked the time.  It was 8:52,  so not too late,  but she was sure Cathy would have something to say about it. 

Despite a small part of her nagging to get up and refreshed,  she instead chose to check MediaWorld, however when she proceeded to log in to her account,  she discovered it to be blocked. She chose the Guest User tab instead,  and skimmed over her friends accounts. They had posted loads of pictures of the show, and Chloe wanted to 'Heart' them, but as a Guest,  it wasn't an option.

She closed down MediaWorld,  content if a little disappointed.  Nobody mentioned that they missed her,  but none of them were saying how much they hated her, either.  Anyway,  she would have much rather they got on with their lives.

Chloe got out of bed and strecthed like she usually did before dance,  and she then opened the wardrobe at the foot of her bed. In it were marroon and black leggings, a black vest and a marroon and black tracksuit top. She put them on,  not liking the feel on her body.  The leggings were too tight,  and the hem and waistband were digging into her fair skin. The competitors training clothes were measured very precisely, almost too much so.  Even through the discomfort of her leggings,  she put on her black vest, and disliked its leotard-like clinginess and swimming costume material.  She put on her tracksuit top,  the only item of clothing which seemed to fit correctly,  and then the ugly black boots which lay at her feet,  deciding she would ask for alterations on her clothes when she returned to the train.

Chloe was met with a surprise.  Having skipped breakfast,  she headed straight for the Training Center and sat in her designated seat,  finding that some of the competitors (the Ziegler sisters,  Nolan,  Asia, Nia and Chloe) were already there, as well as a projection of a medium height, dark haired man in a suit,  who looked bored,  frustrated,  yet sly,  as if he was planning to pounce on the group of teens like a fox.  When the others arrived and were seated,  he spoke.

"Hello,  children. I am Mr John Corella, head Gamemaker, and I am here to tell you some super exciting news; all training and parades are cancelled. You will be entering the Games today! "