Chapter 6

Chloe was left in the room alone for several more hours, hurt and crying, confused and angry. She was also tremendesly bored, and the big white room had nothing in it to keep her entertained. She didn't dare to ask the cruel guard outside for something to do, so she danced. She teied her hardest to recall her beautiful solo she had performed earlier, and then she started to choreograph her own dance, although she knew nobody would ever see it, however just being able to have a last little bit of freedom made Chloe happy.

It was getting dark when there was a large bang on the door from the guard. She went over to the door and tried the handle, to find it unlocked. She opened it wider to find the guard supposedly staring her in the face, and by his side, a small, skinny, strange looking woman. She had bright red lips and witchy green eyes, pale complexion and dirty blonde hair which resembled straw. Chloe didn't like the look of the woman, but she remembered her mother had told her not to be opinionated.

"Hello, Chloe. I am District Seven's stylist, Cathy Stein. Please, step out into the corridor." She shot Chloe a sickly sweet smile, showing off her crooked, tea stained teeth. As much as she hoped this was just one of her weird dreams, Chloe eventually had to accept that this was in fact harsh reality and step out into the corridor.

"Now, follow me. You and Miss Nguyen are going to see the other tributes."

Chloe, Cathy and the guard walked a short way down the corridor, before stopping at another door, where Chloe Nguyen was already waiting outside, firmly held by another guard. As he let her go, she rubbed her arm where his fingers had pressed tight. They continued down the corridor, until they reached a large glass elevator, which proceeded to take them deep underground. The room they were then taken to was small and square, and despite the dimly lit passage it came off, it was bright white inside, just like the rooms they had each been held prisoner in for hours on end.

Cathy gestured for them to sit down on the white armchairs in the middle of the room, and as they did, a crackly news feed started playing.

*News Feed*

"Hello, my name is Pinita Hellsomm, and this is my hilaireous colleage Markus 'Macho Man' McCartney and we are here to present to you... Games Gossip! (theme tune plays) So, lets head live to District One, where Loona Littlebrain is drawing out those all important names."

"And the first person entering the Games this year is... Brandon, Brandon Pent. Can Brandon please come up to the podium?"

The news programme continued. The other tribute from District One was a twelve year old named Nia, who didn't look too lethal. From District Two, there were sisters, Brooke and Paige. Brooke was sixteen and Paige was thirteen. Both of them were volunteers, one of them for their brother, Joshua. From District Three, there were two more sisters, Madison and Mackenzie Ziegler, age 11 and 9. Maddie volunteered to go into the arena to give her sister a better chance of winning- they were obviously professionaly trained and clearly dangerous. From District Four, a skinny girl called Kendall, and an older boy called Nolan were chosen, and from District Five, an 8 year old called Asia and an 18 year old, Gianna, were picked out. Finally, from District Six, a girl called Kalani and a boy called Nick were to go.

Now she had seen the competition, the teens she would have to kill, Chloe was even more freaked.

Sorry for the boring chapter! The actual thing starts in the next chapter. And there is a plot twist involving Cathy. Seriously, you can't expect her to stay good!

Please vote and comment! And correct my grammar. Nicely. Its not my fault.

Love you all,

Holly Teagen ♡♡