Chapter 9

After a moment of stunned silence, the protests from the tributes began. Everyone was screaming at each other, and two tributes ended up having a fist fight!

Meanwhile, Chloe backed into the corner of the room, heading for the door.

"Stop," an amused Corella ordered from the room beyond the screen. "Stop right there, Lukasiak. You go nowhere!"

The sound of Corella's voice made everyone turn and stare at Chloe, who had her hand on the doorknob. She pulled the door with force, but it was no use- the door was locked.

"It is no use, you are going. This whole time you have been arguing like toddlers, you have been on an underground carriage. In two minutes, we will arrive at the complex, the building where you will have a final minute with your mentor before you are entered into the arena.

"Don't you see? The Games are boring now! Nobody wants children who have web training for weeks. Why not let them go in with only what they already know? It saves the Government money on equipment and technology too. If anyone causes any havoc before you are on that podium in the arena, I will personally ensure everyone you care about is publically executed. I hope I make myself very clear.

"Have fun, children, and may the odds be ever in your favor!"

The projection went black, and a second later, the carriage came to an abrupt halt, and all the lights flickered out.