~1~

~~ONE YEAR BEFORE THE OLYMPICS~~

**AMELIA'S POV**

It has been a tough road but I finally got here. I got chosen as part of the Australian swim team, something I have been wanting all my childhood life. I decided to call a family meeting.

---Message to the whole family---

Hi Mum, Dad, Eric and Tom! Can you all come home tonight for a family dinner I have some news that I would like to tell you all. I will have dinner ready by 6 so if you can all come a bit before so I can see you all and tell you xx Love Millie

After sending that I started to make dinner. I was making spaghetti bolognese. I turned on some tunes and cut up the onion and danced around the kitchen while cooking. I was so excited to tell my family that I have got a call up to the olympics!

I'll see you then xx Tom

Okay one family member has agreed to come.

Mum and dad will come with me. See you laters :)! ERIC

~Dinner~

I had all the food dishes out ready and the spaghetti bolognese.

"Mother fuckers i'm here" Tom said as he walked in the door

"Oh my god shut up Tom." I laughed as he hugged me. Everyone arrived and I dished but the cheese and put it in the middle of the table.

"Everyone let's sit down and eat" I said to the family as they all gathered at the table.

"What's your news?" Eric asked

"Okay well" I said as I got my phone out of my pocket "Brace yourself everyone. Dear Miss Amelia Hipwood, I'm am pleased to invite you to be part of the Australian Swim team for the Olympics. You have made impressive times and you have impressed the selectors. We would love you to be apart of the team and bring home some gold for Australia. The decision is up to you. All my contacts are below, if you could give me a call in the next few days so I can send you, uniforms and what not. Thanks Jenny White Olympic team Director."

"Oh my darling" Mum cried getting up to hug me

"Thanks mummy" I said

"Us hipwood kids are doing well except for Tom who's a drop kick " Eric said coming up to hug me

"Hey just because I am more of an academic person" Tom said eating some spaghetti.

"It's okay, I love you too" I said to Tom as he laughed at me.

"Hey but i'm proud of you like i'm so excited for you" Tom said to me

~~THE YEAR OF THE OLYMPICS~~

As usual it was 4am and I was heading off to swimming training. In 6 months I was leaving for RIO of the olympics. My first ever olympics, basically a dream come true. I had my first group training with the whole of the swimming team. I was so excited to meet all the others who are representing Australia.

Good luck today xx love mummy

I had the best support. After my training I was going to watch my brother play footy. I jumped in my car and headed off to the pools. I love swimming it's been my passion since I was very little.

"Hello" My coach said as I walked in the doors of the brisbane aquatic centre

"Hey!" I said as I walked in besides her. My coach was Giaan Rooney an ex olympic swimmer who was my idol while I grew up it was such an amazing experience for myself.