~6~

Brisbane had won the Grand final and beat the GWS Giants by 1 point. It was an intense game. Straight away I was on flight to America for the world champs. I was getting excited,it was meant to be a team bonding camp as well. I was roomed with Cate Campbell who had been pretty much the best mentor to me.

"See ya mum" I said on the phone as I waited at the airport. I was standing with Rhys and Eric who had said they will 'chaperone' me to the airport but I knew it was just something for them to do since the footy season was over.

"See ya Millie willy" Eric said giving me a hug. Arghh I hate him calling me that it really annoyed me.

"Bye Eric" I said to him giving him a hug back. It was time to say goodbye to Rhys. I wouldn't see him for two months.

"See ya" I said giving him a hug and burying my head into his chest.

"I'm going to miss you babe" He said to me but for some reason I wasn't convinced.

"Well I better go" I said as I pulled away from Rhys.

"Bye?" He said all puzzled as I walked over a joined Kyle, Cam, Mitch, Mack and Josh. I was such a tomboy so I jelled really well with the boys. I was excited but nervous to be travelling over to America to train and bond with the rest of the team. We had the commonwealth games coming up which I was very excited about.

"Hey Amelia" Cam said to me as I walked over to the group.

"Hey" I said to Cam and the rest of the boys.

"How are you feeling" Kyle asked me, but I could sense my best mate Mack could tell something was up.

"Yeah I'm okay, just nervous, I suppose" I said. At that moment my phone went off and I had been tagged in posts on facebook and I had a message from my friend Ally. I didn't want to look but I knew I would since I had 4 hours until we actually left. I looked at the notifications and seeing what I had been tagged in. My heart broke into a million pieces and I just started crying. Crying in front of the boys.

"Mill" Mack said coming and hugging me "what's wrong"

"He cheated on me" I cried, trying to calm myself down as the other boys moved away. I felt like such an idiot crying in front of them.

"Rhys!?" Mack exclaimed

"Yes" I replied as we walked over to the terminal seats.

"What the fuck!!" He was angry. I took out my phone and showed him the post on facebook by the Brisbane times.

Brisbane times: Brisbane star Rhys Mathieson enjoying his Mad Monday

celebrations too much.......What will Eric have to say?

Rhys Mathieson has been caught kissing an unknown female on the beach after Brisbane's Mad Monday celebrations. Brisbane won the premiership and flew back to Brisbane to celebrate with fans. The following monday they had their Mad Monday.

Rhys Mathieson is dating Amelia Hipwood Australian Gold medalist in swimming but also team mate Eric Hipwoods younger sister.

This has put a sour look over his norm smith medal that Rhys got after and outstanding game. It is understood that Amelia is on her way over to America with the Dolphins (Australian Swimming Team) to participate in the world champs before the commonwealth games in under 11 months time.

We will try and get a statement from Amelia on the issue.

Ellinore Grith writing for the Brisbane Times.