~8~

--10 months later--

It was one month until the commonwealth games. I was heading to my accommodation on the Gold Coast. I started to pack my bags. Swimmers, Australian team polo's jackets, pants. I went into the kitchen to tell mum that I was packed and ready to go. I was so ready to go and compete again.

"Mum i'm ready!" I said to her as she picked up her handbag ready to take me to the airport. I put my suitcase in the back of mum's Jeep and went and said goodbye to Dad and Eric.

"See ya sis" Eric said as he hugged me "Have the best time"

"Thanks Eric! Love you and i'll miss you!" I said to him even though, I think he is coming to watch.

"Bye daddy" I said hugging my dad and giving him a kiss on the cheek

"Bye my girl! Love you and you'll do amazing! I'll see you at the games!" Dad said

"Thanks daddy!" I said as I turned around and saw Rhys walking up the driveway.

"Can we go mum" I said to her as I tried to avoid seeing Rhys. I was still a little bit pissed of at Eric that he was still friends with him but I understood that he kinda had to for his footy and at the end of the day they had been best mates from way back.

"Sure thing" Mum said as she got into the car

"Bye" I waved as I opened the passenger seat door. Driving down to the airport for the half hour flight to the Gold Coast from Brisbane I was thinking about how I would go training at a new facility.

"There you go darling" Mum said as she pulled up in the drop off bay where my best mate Mack was waiting for me.

"Thanks mum. I love you" I said giving my Mum a hug and kiss before I got out of the car. Opening the boot and getting my suitcase and backpack out I walked over to Mack.

"We are really doing this again" Mack said

"Yes yes we are!" I smiled to him

"Olympic glory, now commonwealth glory!" Mack said to me hugging me

"Haha one. Step. at. A. time." I said to him as we walked into the airport and checked in my suitcase and headed to the boarding gate. Walking over to the lounge I saw a familiar face. A face that made me smile when I saw him.

"Emi" Cam said standing up and hugging me

"Cameron" I said in a funny voice making him laugh

"Hows things" he asked me

"Fab" I said doing a little spin. What the heck was I doing!!!!

"You look ready" he said to me

"Oh I am" I laughed sitting down next to Mack. This was bliss. My two favourite people. Mack and now Cameron. I was ready. I was ready to move on. I was ready.

"Stop flirting you guys!" Mack said to us laughing

"Shut up" I said going really red.

"JetStar flight JQ342 to the Gold Coast is now ready to board. Please have your boarding passes ready." The voice said over the loudspeaker. I jumped straight up and the boys laughed. Maybe I was just a little tooooo excited.

Walking on board the plane, I knew it would be a short flight and I need to try and not get too fatigued. I knew if I got too fatigued it would throw me off my training. After taking my seat I got my training book out and read over my coaches notes. I read about how he wanted me to improve my freestyle stroke, especially my 200m freestyle. That was the stroke I struggled for. I qualified for my 3 events, 50m freestyle, 100m freestyle and 200m freestyle. I was excited to improve.