What Hurts The Most

BEFORE 

It was a dark, rainy, treacherous day. I could already tell I would not fit in at my new school. Who would if they were originally from a small-town in  Pennsylvania. Especially if you move into a small-town in Tennessee named Fischer Town. I didn't know anyone here, nor did I plan on making any "besties" anytime soon. I wasn't ready at all. I slipped on my ripped jeans , Plaid- long sleeved shirt, and my high tops. I straightened my blonde-long hair and put it in a ponytail. I waited about an hour before I woke everyone up. There was boxes everywhere, I haven't even moved into my bedroom fully. My desk, bedframe, and even bookshelf wasn't even in yet. I had a rather small room in Pennsylvania, but this was insane. I stared at the ceiling fan and saw the blue chipped paint from every angle. I then  opened my bedroom door, grabbed my backpack, and went through the maze of a million boxes. I took my phone out and put my ear buds in. I started listening to some music.

AFTER

I ran to school, I didn't want to ride the bus or drive my car.  I needed the exercise anyways, I mean I wasn't going to socialize on the bus or in my car so why not right?  It took me about 15 minutes to get to school. I was running and viewing everything to see in Fischer town. The fall colors were unbelievable . The abandoned highways, I really wasn't paying any attention to everything to see because John yelled, "Carrie, hold up." I turned around looking to see where John was at, he was running towards me. "Carrie, I know you don't know me, and I know I seem like a teenage cliche, but I would really like to get to know you and be your friend and maybe more if you let me.

      "So now it's my decision? I will not be the reason for your cliche unhappiness. You love me just like the millons of other new girls you loved and broke their heart piece by piece right?"

      "That's not true Carrie, If it was you would've heard about it from the other school girls."

      "If you haven't realized John, I don't have any "school girl" friends."

      "Carrie."

      "John."

      The conversation ended, apparently I was supposed to fall for him in an instant, his deep, mysterious, blue eyes were supposed to make me fall in love.  Well that was wrong, it wouldn't happen, I don't do cliches, I never will. I have been taught to not let cliches mess with me, or I might become one. I started running again, I think He gave up. I don't think He wanted to stop running, but he did for my sake. I'm kind of glad he did, what kind of disaster would that be when I stopped running and reached the school building. Ho much would that hurt?