The Guys

Chapter 4:

“So how was Mr.Sweeney’’s class Ms.Carrie?” Jeremy as trying to start conversation. Jeremy and I were in the lunch line ordering who knows what, “It was fine, other than Samantha.”

Samantha was there?”

“Yeah and so was Deb, she didn’t push us around.”

“See, I told you that you would make a friend.”

“You mean friends right, pretty boy.”

“Really, you want to start nicknames, Care-Bear.”

“I swear to my dead father, shut up.”

“Your father isn’t dead.”

“Exactly.”

We got out of the line and sat at a table. “What class did you have after writing?”

“Science.”

“How’’d you like it?”

“It was alright.”

“So no cute schoolgirls?”

“Not as pretty as you.”  I couldn’t believe that this was happening, I was becoming friends with a person I promised myself I wouldn’t come friends with, all in one day.

“Carebear, have you started your writing assignment?”

“No I haven’t it’s only 11:30.” I answered Jeremy’’s question sarcastically.

“Technically, it’s 11:32.” He also said this sarcastically. “Would you like to meet my friends Care-Bear?”

“Sure, Jeremy, like I have a choice.”

“You know me to well Care-bear.”

“Don’t call me that.” We walked to a table where a few guys were sitting. “Hey guys, this is Care-bear… ah...uhm… I mean Carrie, and we take writing, physical education, and technology together.” All of the boys greeted themselves, “I’m Corey.”

“I’m Sam.”

“and I’m cute.” That made me laugh, “Hey cute, how’s it going?” That made everyone laugh, “His name is Levi, and he’s not cute nor funny.” Apparently, Jeremy got a little jealous. I saw multiple hands ready to be shook. Corey was the first to talk to me, “Are you new here?”

“Yeah.” Then I started looking at his characteristics, he was about 6’4”, and he had hair darker than night. He had steel blue eyes and skin white as eggshells. He had a small amount of hair on his knuckle, and his teeth were a little crooked, but straight enough to the point he didn't need braces. I think I studied him for a while because Levi cleared his throat to get my attention, “I think we have math together, you're that girl who moved into that abandoned home aren’t you?”

“Yeah.” Levi had orangish-reddish hair, he was about 6’0”, and he had blue eyes. Everytime he smiled his right eye crinkled. Levi laughed a lot. He seemed very happy, I stopped talking to him when Sam started to speaked, “Hey Carrie, I have technology with you.” I shook his hand, “Cool.” Then we started eating our food for about ten minutes and the bell rang. We had fifteen minutes to get to class, we threw our trays out and took our books. I had science and I made it just in time. “Hi class, my name is Ms.Henceforth ,and we will start with a review. Cassandra and I sat next to each other, and we stayed busy with our review. Class didn’t take very long since we just did a review worksheet. We didn’t have much longer until technology. I got my textbooks and headed for the computer lab. I didn’t have to ask anyone to help me, because Sam met me in the hallway, and was more than  willing to walk me to class. “Be careful Carrie, Samantha is in this class, and it will probably be easy for her to get to you.”

    That scared me, what if she bullied me? Would Sam stick up for me? These are all questions that needed to be answered, soon.