The Beginning

Chapter 5:

    As we walked into class, everyone Sam and I. We sat next to each other, and Samantha was at the other end of the classroom. Many people were still looking at Sam and I, and I didn’t realize why until Samantha threw a note at me, it said ”Is Sam Your Boyfriend?” I saw Sam reading it, “Do you have a problem Samantha?” Samantha never replied to his question so we just started class. We did a few typing tests and other quizzes, then the final bell rung. It was the end of the day. I was ready to go home, I wanted to go to sleep. I wanted to be to myself. Yeah, so what, I made a few friends, they didn’t care about me unless they wanted something from me. Jeremy actually cared though. I tried to walk home alone, but Jeremy wouldn’t let me. “It’s too dangerous Care-Bear.” I wasn’t going to be happy about it, but I wasn’t going to argue with him. “Okay Pretty boy.” Jeremy smiled, his deep blue eyes sparkled, the way he smiled made all the worry go away. We started walking and Jeremy asked me a question I didn’t want to answer, “Is it my fault, or are you keeping something from me?” He finally wanted to know, the question though, would I tell him. I wasn’t for sure if I was even going to be his friend yet, but I was going to have to tell him something to get the question out of the way.  “It’s not your fault, it’s more me. My mom has had a bad history with guys like you, and I don’t want to get hurt like her.” He saw tears silently rolling down my face, “Are you okay?”

I could hardly speak, I was choking on my own words, “Yeah.” I could see the pity on his face, and he didn’t even know the whole story, he pulled me in for a hug. We sat on a bench, I slowly started to actually cry, he slowly rocked me like someone would do to a very weak person, it was like he knew what I felt, and how to make me feel better, which made me cry even harder. Nobody has ever been able to read me, not even my mother. It was like we shared the same spirit. I came back to my senses, I slowly came up from his cradle, “I need to get home.” He told me soon after, “I’m here if you need me”. All I could do was nod my head, I didn’t want to talk any longer. I looked too sad, and I hated that. I felt weak, I’ve always looked tough and fearless. The way we just walked in silence seemed uncomfortable. I was so used to him talking to me all the time, it was so atypical. We were at my house and we said our goodbyes, I was finally home, alone.