Chapter Seven; The Wolf

The wolf was pure black but the moonlight caused the fur to seem purple/blue. It's eyes were a shocking grey that was somewhat familiar but I could not tell you how. The wolf's teeth we huge and sharp. It stood a good 3 feet and I it seems like the wolf would weigh a ton. 

I should be terrified, scared whatever, but I wasn't I was shell shocked on how beautiful this wolf was. My heart stopped not because it was ugly monster but because the wolf was a beautiful creature that I could not keep my eyes away from. 

I slowly began to sit up trying not to scary the wolf or provoke it. Once I sat up completely I spoke. 

"Why aren't you the cutest thing to walk to earth" I said, when I said cutest the wolf growled a bit.

I laughed. "Okay okay handsome?" 

I don't know if wolves can smirk but I swear that this wolf did. I stuck out my hand letting the wolf know that I am friendly. He- the wolf just seemed like a he to me- smelled my hand and licked it. I smiled and wiped my hand onto my jeans. He came closer to me and I began to pet him, his fur was like feathers soft and smooth. 

"We should be friends," I told him "I don't have many friends so having one more would be awesome." he replied but shoving his nose into my neck and inhaled. I tried to wrapped my arms around his neck and put my face into his fur. I inhaled; he smelled of strawberries and vanilla, he smelled beautiful. 

I just rubbed my faced against his neck. As weird as this may sound I felt safe with this wolf. After a while I pulled away causing the wolf to whimper and making me laugh.

 I just stared at his eyes and said "I am going to call you Tom." 

"Yeah you look like a Tom" The wolf made a look as if he hated that name. 

"I am still going to call you Tom even if you do give me that look" I said with a stern voice. He gave me a look that said huh sure.... 

"So Tom were is your pack. You do have a pack right, you seem like you would be apart of the pack" He just looked a way and acted like he did not hear me. 

"Wow Tom you are going to play that game? Fine." I said while I stood up acting as if I was going to leave, when Tom noticed that he began to whimper and rammed his head into my leg trying to get my attention. 

"Oh now you are paying attention to me?" I said patting his head, he put his nose up and licked my hand again.

"So you give, on me calling you Tom?" I asked, he nodded. 

"So Tom it is" he just gave me an annoyed look but didnt ingore me. I sat down in front of a tree to lean on it and he laid his head on my lap. I began to stroke his head enjoying the feeling of his fur. 

I started to talk to Tom just enjoying having someone to listen to me. I started to get tired and well I told myself I'm just going to close my eyes. 

---Dream---

Run. 

Don't look back. 

I cant lose him. 

I will do anything for him. 

To know that he is alive even if that means that I am not. 

I was running in a unfimilar forest, my heart was pounding, my breath was short. I knew they were close but the enemy was closer. I turned to the right to try to get rid of them. I ran a bit more when I ran into something hard, I knew it wasn't him because I felt no spark. I looked up and I fell into darkness. 

I hope he gets away. 

----------

I shot up, I looked around and noticed that I was in my room. Wasn't I in the woods? I asked myself. How did I get here?