Chapter 8

Chapter 8

It was hard to say who looked more determined, Jake or Luke, as they made their way to our lunch table. It was then that I really got to take a good, long look at the two of them. No, I didn't judge or compare them! Okay...maybe I did. 

Jake was drool-worthy with his dark, slightly curled hair, breathtaking ice blue eyes, and strong jaw. Luke, however was just as delicious. He was blessed with dirty blonde locks, and they were messy and mid-length (but not Justin Bieber). He had forest green eyes and a sexy, smoldering look to him. Strike that--they both did. It was so unfair that they looked like angels sent from heaven, naturally stunning, while I had to work to tame my frizzy hair and undereye circles. They, of course, had muscular bodies that were even visible through long sleeves, and flexed deliciously. I had to do sports, run, and work out and what was my reward? Nothing. If I ate a doughnut, I looked like I had gained 10 pounds. Life was really unfair sometimes. Even though Jake was a total butthole, I couldn't help but think he looked smoking hot. Luke, however, was like he came out of a dream. Funny, smart, hot, friendly, sweet...the list could travel on forever. 

Luke and Jake sauntered their way over to our table, and I tried to hide my smile when I immediately imagined them on a runway. They would definitley fit in with all those Abercrombie looking models there! They paused at our table, and Anna, Meredith, and Mary seemed to be lost for words. It was hard to look at them, their beauty blinded me. I was used to it by now, so I looked at them casually, like I hadn't noticed them making their way over.

"Hey guys, what's up?" I asked them.

"Luke wanted to ask if you were going to the party tonight, but he was too much of a pussy to do it himself," Jake said, trying to smother his laugh.

My hands broke out into a nervous sweat, and I casually rubbed them on my legs. Luke wanted to see if I was going to the party! EEKS! 

"Yeah, I guess I am," I said, giving Luke a smile. 

The girls, still a little flustered, then tried to get into the conversation. 

"So-um," Anna said clearing her throat, "you guys want to sit down?"

They shrugged simeltaneously, and tried to find a seat. 

Jake, being the annoying guy he was, plopped down in my seat, causing me to smack my butt on the floor. I narrowed my eyes at him, and glared angrily. He gave me an innocent smile, and smirk. Luke quickly gave me a hand and pulled me up. 

"Sorry, he needs to take his meds," he apologized.

I snorted at Jake's joke, and Jake whipped around indignantly. 

"Jake, I think you're sitting in my seat," I said with sickening sweetness. Jake grinned mischeviously and before I knew it, I was sitting on his lap. 

"What in the world do you think you're doing!?"  I cried, squirming under his grip. 

"You asked for your seat, so I'm letting you use it. With me as your seat of course." He said tightening his grip. Meredith, Anna, and Mary burst into laughter and I pouted. They were supposed to be on my side! 

Luke shook his head sadly, and sighed. "Jake, you are a piece of work." He stated, and sat down in the seat next to us. 

I looked around at everyone, questioningly. "Um excuse me, is anyone going to get me out of this death trap?" I inquired.

Jake smiled, and leaned over to help me out. 

"See, there's a trick I learned that I found a couple years ago. Watch and learn." He said, putting his hand on Jake's leg. He measured somehow with his hands, and then quickly chopped down a couple inches away from his knee. Suddenly, Jake jerked his body, and his arms loosened. I took my chance, and burst through, enjoying the freedom. I burst into laughter at Jake, who was rocking back and forth, craddling his knee.