Chapter 14

Chapter 14 

*Sorry for not updating!*

With one last glance into the mirror, I stepped out of the bathroom and took a deep breath. What I was doing was totally wrong. Breaking up a relationship just to get Jake? I don't know why I liked it, but my heart couldn't stop racing whenever he was near me. But what about Luke? I felt so confused and frustrated, why couldn't I just make up my mind? Luke or Jake? Jake...or Luke? What about AJ? I had forgotten about him, probably because I was so busy dealing with the other boys. I took out my phone and dialed his number. 

"Yo who is this?" A deep voice said on the line.

"AJ?" I said cautiously.

"Catherine Hart! I should've known you would be calling me up." AJ said with a chuckle. "What can I do for? Maybe I should rephrase that. What can I do to you?" 

"Give up before you embarrass yourself sweetie. That's not why I'm calling." 

"That's what they always say. So what's up?"

"I'm having some people over to watch a movie and hang out. Wanna come?" 

"Spending a night in the dark with you? How could I refuse?" 

I gave AJ my address and hung up, still chuckling at what he said. Although I didn't know him too well, he was funny and pretty hot. Did I really just say that? All I ever think about is looks...I used to care way more about the inside, not the outside. Especially since I wasn't pretty myself, how could I judge others like that? I shook my head, feeling pretty disappointed with myself. I was changing. 

"Don't ever say something like that again." A stern, but soft, voice said behing me. 

I whipped around, my heart pounding. "Jake?" 

"You're beautiful. I never want to hear yourself say anything otherwise." He said, frowning down at me. 

Had I said that aloud? I thought to myself, wondering how he overheard my thoughts.

"Yes, you did." He said, still staring at me. Oops. 

"Sorry, let's just go downstairs and I'll make some snacks or something." I mumbled, eager to get out of the awkward moment I was having right now. How embarrassing! And he called me beautiful! Well, he was just being nice. I'm not his type. He's setting me up for Luke.

I pushed past Jake and quickly walked out of the room and downstairs, starled by the people gathered in the living room chatting. I must've taken a long time in the bathroom getting ready if everyone was here already! 

"Hey guys!" I called, smiling. I saw Anna chatting with Eduardo and Meredith casually edging her way near Matt as he chatted with his football friends. It was so cute. They rushed towards me and gave me a small hug, complimenting my outfit while I did the same to them. Anna had on a pair of pale pink short and a loose tank top, with her naturally curly hair lying down at her sides. I swear she could be a model with her long legs, skinny frame and glowing tan. Meredith looked great too, she was wearing a romper that looked like a short dress, with wedges that brought her up to my height and her blonde hair straightened and shiny. I knew that they must've carefully picked their outfits for the boys they liked. I spotted Luke in the kitchen and I was about to go and say hi, but the doorbell rang. I hurried to answer the door and froze when I saw who was outside. Her red hair was glossy and curled, a thin v-neck showed off her chest and short jean shorts hung on her hips showing off her thin legs. Brown sandals that even I would wear were on her feet and a charm bracelet was on her tiny wrist. Caroline. I plastered a smile on my face, and stood aside for her to come in. "Hey, come on in." She raised a brow and brushed by me without a word. Well then. I turned to go into the kitchen, and I ran into Luke's hard chest.