S2E1

[The gentle touch of his fingertips slide down the side of my thigh as I dig my nails into his back and nibble the bottom of his lip. I place my hands on his jeans and unzip his zipper very slowly. He leaves a trail of kisses from my neck, to my chest, and stops at my stomach.

He puts his lips against my ear and whispers, "I think I'll keep you, forever."

Liam...]

I jolt awake, my heart skips a beat, and the world freezes. There's no single explanation for the horror I feel inside. I never thought dreams could have any real meaning to them until now.

I yank a pastel blue tank top hanging from the hanger in the closet; I slip on a pair of grey jogging pants, grab my black Nike free 5.0s, and snatch my iPhone with the headphone already inside of them from the charger attached to the wall. I quickly open the door to my room and bolt past Nail, Zayn and Harry eating breakfast.

"Hey, where are you going?"

Halting at the front door, I keep my hand stiffly around the nob. "I'm going for a morning jog."

"I'll join..."

I cut Harry off, "No, that's okay. You enjoy your cereal. I promise I won't be gone long."

Before I can hear his response, I've already disappeared down the hall. I'm in the elevator pressing the button for the ground floor and contemplating how I'll escape the lurking photographers. Then, I remember the back door of the hotel- the one the boys came through after sightseeing on their own. 

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Outside the January air is just right; it's neither hot nor cold. The sun is hidden behind smudged clouds and casting shadows of dead trees. The area is somewhat secluded, and the streets are almost completely empty. 

I click the side of my phone to check the time. The screen reads six thirty-eight; this explains the vacant shops and little people around here.

I tie up my hair into a ponytail and start to keep a steady pace. I set my workout playlist on the demo mix of exercise songs from Connie and start to hum the lyrics to Bob Sinclar's World, Hold On.

 I pass many famous landmarks such as the Passerelle Solférino and Eiffel Tower. My run goes well until I get lost. I can't seem to find my way back or understand French. The only languages I can speak are English, Spanish, and Japanese; Connie and I decided to learn something harder than French or German in seventh grade.

Of course, by now people are starting to come out of their homes and crowd the main avenues. I try calling Harry, but he doesn't answer any of my calls.

I try to stay relaxed and trace my steps. My only progress is ending up where I first started when I lost my way. I can't help but give up, and so I sit on a bench near the Notre Dame Cathedral.

"Madyson!"

I turn to look behind me, "Har...Liam."

He runs over to meet me.

"So, this is where you ran off to." He smirks and takes out his phone to text someone.

I ignore him because I have nothing to say. Nothing to say about the situation or the fact that he cares so little for Harry, his friend, and partner. Our relationship, above all, is a joke to him.

"I'm sorry... For everything," it's like he knows what I'm thinking.

"I forgive you."

There's an awkward pause.

"Are you hungry?"

"I'm not..." I was about to object when my stomach grumbled.

"We can get something to go if you like."