High School Reputation...GONE

I woke up in the gloomy winter air. The air felt dry and cold.

I lifted the blanket I had wrapped myself in off of me, revealing my bare skin to the freezing cold. Immediately pulled the blanket back over me to protect myself. This is basically my every morning routine...

10 minutes later my mom swung my bedroom door open, revealing the light from the hallway.

"Come on, you need to wake up and go to school." she said.

I sighed as I attempted to get myself out of my bed. It was a hard effort, but I finally was able to make myself get to my closet to get dressed.

I examined the clothes I had in my closet. Hmm. I guess a black long sleeved shirt and jeans will do for today...

Once my eyes finally adjusted, I looked at my clock. 8:10

School was going to start in 20 minutes!

I blasted down the stairs, grabbing a muffins to eat while on the way to school. I ran through the snow.

I couldn't be late to school again. If I was late again, I would get detention, and if I got detention, I'd be dead.

Sure, maybe getting detention isn't as big of a deal for some people *cough* *cough* Gwen *cough* but my parents are strict when it comes to school grades and my records.

Once I finally got to school, I headed straight for my locker. It was already 8:27 and I wanted to make it to class on time.

In the hallway, I noticed that everyone was staring at me. Some were giving me dirty looks, some were giggling, some had smirks on their faces. I had no idea what was going on. Did I have something on my face? Was my hair messy?

I headed straight for class. The room fell silent once I walked in, everyone staring at me. I sat in the back of my class where I usually sit, next to Cristian.

As I sat down, I noticed that he was silent too. He was looking down at his desk, with straight face. I had no idea what was going on.

I reached my hand over to tap on Aliza's shoulder, who was sitting in front on me. She turned her head back to look at me.

"What the hell is going on?" I questioned anxiously.

Aliza quickly grabbed her phone from her pocket, and showed me something that was posted on Twitter by...Gwen.

"Just so all of you know... The only reason why Lydia got an A on her history assignment was because she stripped for Mr. Riley. Ooh. Didn't think I'd find out, did she? <3"

My mouth dropped to the floor. I couldn't believe what I just saw. My face instantly turned red, and I clenched my fists. I got this sudden feeling of pain inside of me. I wanted to cry. I wanted to die.

Once class was over, I instantly ran to the bathroom. I hid myself in a stall, as I sat up on the seat, burying my head in my knees as I cried my eyes out.

I suddenly heard a light knock on my stall door.

"Lydia, it's me. Come out." I recognized the deep, charming voice. It was Cristian.

I stood up from the seat, trying to wipe away the tears on my face as I opened the stall door.

"What are you doing in the girl's restroom?" I asked him.

"Look, that doesn't matter. Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine." I answered as tears began to stream down my face again.

"No you're not. Now come here." He said as he opened his arms up, bringing me in towards him, into a hug.

I felt his hand hold my head against his chest. I let out my tears, feeling bad for them getting onto his shirt.

Suddenly an alarm went off in my head. We were still in the girls restroom. I looked up at Cristian, staring into his dazzling gray eyes.

We examined each other's faces, as I suddenly felt his hand on my cheek, wiping away my tears.

I then heard the bathroom door swing open, as Aliza all of a sudden entered the restroom. She then looked up from her hand rummaging through her bag, only to see Cristian holding me tightly.

"Um... I guess I should come back later..." she said as she slowly backed away, exiting the bathroom.

Cristian smiled at me, as he let out a small laugh. He ran his fingers through my hair. His sweet cinnamon scent filled my nostrils.

The bell rang, and Cristian let go of me. We both exited the bathroom, and parted our ways, heading to the next class.

__________

The rest of the day was horrible. Not only did I get all those dirty looks, but people actually started coming up to me and calling me names.

Slut

Whore

Cunt

Smutbag

And not surprisingly, several other things...

All because of Gwen's stupid rumor she made about me, stripping for a teacher. I really did nothing to her at all.

And this was all started just because I didn't want to drink alcohol. Well sorry, I just didn't want to screw up my life. After taking one drink, I knew I'd most likely be hooked, and drink more. Then, I'd most likely end up driving, only to be destined to kill myself.

Yeah well sorry I was looking out for my future.

I laid down on my bed, getting lost in my train of thought about how the rest of my senior year was completely screwed.

Buzz

I heard my phone vibrate on my desk. I tried to pry myself from my bed to go and see.

It was a text from Aliza.

"Did you see what Gwen just posted about you?"

Oh dear.