One Night Out

Cristian left his room, most likely going down stairs do what ever.

I went into the bathroom to change. It was a pretty neat bathroom. It had a nice black and white tile floor and everything was clean.

The clothes were surprisingly comfortable...

I entered the bedroom and sat back down on the bed, unsure if I should go downstairs to check things out. Like I was completely blacked out, so I didn't really see anything.

Now that makes me think.... Did Cristian carry me? Did my fat body lay in his arms?

I decided to go check out downstairs.

I lightly walked down the steps, trying to make as little noise as possible. Once I reached the bottom, I heard Cristian talking to someone.

"Look Colter. I still don't know why you're here. Just go back to freakin Gwen and tell her to leave Lydia alone." His voice tensed up.

"Fine. But she's never going to listen. She'll do whatever it takes to get rid of her." The voice said. I immediately recognized the voice. It was Gwen's boyfriend. What the hell was he doing here?

"I should probably get going." He said, stuffing a cigarette into his mouth. "Apparently Gwen promised me some fun time in bed tonight. Can't miss that!"

Ew. Just ew.

The door slammed. I heard Cristian's footsteps walking back towards the stairs. I stood there with my hand on the reining, not knowing whether I should run back up the stairs or not.

Too late now.

Cristian saw me, and stopped.

"Let's go back upstairs." He said, reaching his hand out for me to hold it.

I nodded in response and smiled. He lead me up back to his room. The time was now 11:56.

Time passed and I couldn't sleep. I faced away from Cristian. I couldn't really tell if he was asleep or not.

I looked over at the clock. It was now 12:23.

Cristian out of nowhere wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

I turned around towards him. Our eyes looked into each other's.

__________

The bullying at school got worse. I felt as though the teachers knew as well.

"Why don't you tell an adult?" Aliza asked me one day when we were hiding in the library at lunch away from everyone.

"There's no point. Gwen doesn't live with her parents, and I'm sure the teachers won't stop her. I mean, they're terrified of her." I explained as I was breaking out into tears.

Aliza wrapped her arms around me, rubbing my back, trying to soothe the tears.

I really wanted to give up my life right now.

Once I got home, I snuck into my brother's room, searching around quietly for a sharpener.

On his desk, rested this portable tiny sharpener thing. I grabbed it, and slipped it into my pocket.

"Mom, where's the screwdriver?" I asked as I entered the kitchen, where my mom was drinking her tea as she stared out the window, watching the snow fall.

"It should be in the drawer." she said, jerking her head to gesture what drawer she was talking about.

I rummaged through the drawer, searching for the screwdriver. Ah! There it is!

I closed the drawer and walked up the stairs with the screwdriver in my hand. I was surprised my mom didn't ask why I needed the screwdriver.

Really, my mom has been out of everything for the past year, since my father died. She has been at a loss. Now all she does is stand in the kitchen in her baby blue robe, hunched over the counter, drinking her tea and staring out the window.

And yes, I have tried talking to her. But it really never works. She usually doesn't pay attention. It's as if all of reality is a blur, and she's in her own world.

I hid myself in my room, making sure to lock the door. I slowly began to unscrew the blade from the sharpener.

After about 30 seconds, I carefully removed the blade. It was so small and delicate.

I pulled down my pants to my knees. I looked down at my bare thighs, and began to slice them with the blade that was surprisingly very sharp.

I randomly sliced up and down my thigh, revealing blood after each cut. The pain just seemed to soothe me as tears dripped down my cheek.

Bang. Bang.

"Lydia!"

************************************
I apologize if you wanted more detail on the cutting part, but I was afraid of triggering any readers....
Anyway, please comment and vote! Love ya all <3