Part 52: Jealousy

A/N: Hey guys! Get ready for this chapter. This is the climax of this book. This is the moment where we finally understand everything. Brace yourselves, this is a real rollercoaster of emotions! I hope you'll like it. It took a while for me to come up with this chapter, and I hope you'll enjoy reading it :)

Michael's point of view

I looked at my employee's face, and the expression she had let me know it was really important. Immeditely, I thought about something that happened to June at Caleb's. I couldn't help it. I couldn't help but think something bad happened to her.

"Would you excuse me a minute?" I asked my sound engineer.

"Sure, take that call," he gently answered with a nod.

I smiled a bit and jogged out of the studio. I quickly climbed the stairs and went into the living room where was the phone. I thanked Tiana, and finally I took the receiver with a shaky hand.

"Hello?" I asked a little out of breath.

"Mr. Jackson. This is Dwayne Harrison," the private investigator announced, and I sighed in relief, happy nothing happened to June or whoever else. "Am I bothering you?"

"Oh, hello detective. It's okay. You said it was important, right?"

"Yes, very much so," he said in a deep tone. "I need to see you as soon as possible. I found out a couple of things that you may want to know."

"What kind of things?" I asked, growing worried. "Is this man really stalking my fiancée?"

"I would like to see you to talk about this, sir. I have photographs here with me that I need to show you. Can we meet?"

I frowned, and sat on the arm of the couch, "Well, June isn't here at the moment. She's out. Plus, she has a meeting later on tonight."

"She's out? Is someone out with her?" he asked, quite panicked which made me nervous.

"Uh, yes, of course. She has a bodyguard with her-- wait, is she in danger out there?"

"Jack Milo seems not to be the only one to be after your fiancée, Michael."

"What?" I asked, my voice low and filled with worry and fear. "What do you mean?"

"I'm on my way. We need to talk about all of this, and you need to tell June to come home. She's not safe out there, I can feel it."

"But how? Why? Tell me!" I yelled, panicked at that point.

"You need to trust me. Get your woman home, I'll be there in an hour," he announced before he hung up on me.

I looked at the receiver dumbfounded, and threw it on the couch before running out of the living room. I called Bill's name several time, wipping my sweaty forehead multiple times and feeling a cold sweat running down my back.

"Bill!" I yelled another time at the top of my lungs, and I finally caught sight of him running to me.

"What's the matter, Mike?" he asked, putting both his hands on each side of my shoulders. "You look pale, what happened?"

"Did June and Pit tell you where they were going?"

"Yeah, they gave me the address, as always. Why?" he asked, frowning.

"I uh, June, you need to get her," I explained, having issues to breathe properly. "Y-You need to go get her and fast," I explained to him, blinking a few times to have a distinct vision of him.

"Michael? You need to sit down, you really look awful," he instructed, taking my elbow.

"No, you don't get it! She's not safe out there, you need to go to Caleb's," I said in a barely audible voice.