Part 57: Burry The Past (pt. 3)

A/N: Hey guys! So this is a long ass chapter, I am aware of this, but I couldn't make it shorter. It's a little boring if you ask me, but I still hope you'll like it! The end of this book is near, and I'm sooo not ready :(
Don't forget to comment your thoughts, it would help me for the rest of the story to know what you guys think about this.

Much love <3

---

Michael's point of view

I looked down at my watch, and noticed it was already six in the morning. A wave of nervousness washed over me just thinking June was about to wake up and get prepared to go to court without me. I felt guilty not to be there and support her through this, but some things needed to be done.

I looked at Bill who was sitting in the driver's seat of the car next to me, and he nodded slightly.

"I know, you're scared," he sighed. "You need to do this, son," he gently said, patting my shoulder gently. "She won't be mad at you for trying to get the both of you the best life there is."

"I'm doing something behind her back. I promised...," I started, sighing heavily. "I promised her I wouldn't do anything without her consent. She kept her promise. Me? I'm just about to ruin it in a heartbeat."

"Listen to me," Bill said, and turned fully to look at me right in the eyes. "You're not ruining anything, alright? You're trying to get your life back.  There's nothing to be ashamed or afraid about. June will understand. She's a smart girl, she won't get mad at you. I promise you this."

"I need to do this," I nodded, and unbuckled my seat belt. "We need him."

"You do," my bodyguard nodded. "Now go in there. I'll be waiting here."

I exhaled loudly a couple of times and got out of the car, careful to look around me for any sign of paparazzi. Luckily, there wasn't any of them as Bill parked the car behind the huge arena where nobody was there yet at such an early time.

I adjusted my cap on my head and my shades on my nose, and walked to the back doors where two bodyguards were.

Of course there would be bodyguards.

I rode the stairs nervously, looking at me feet only. Once I reached the two tall men, I looked up at them, and repeated a million times in my head to be firm with them.

"Sir, where do you think you're going?" the tall black man asked me, putting himself in front of me.

"I need to come in," I said, removing my shades and cap. "It's very important."

"Uh, we didn't know you were invited here, Mr. Jackson," the other one said, confused by my being here. "Does the boss know you're here?"

"No, he doesn't. Please, don't tell him. It's a... surprise."

"A surprise? Well, yeah, he's going to be surprised, but I don't think he's going to be thrilled by your surprise, sir. I can't let you in."

"I would have recognized you among thousands," Bill's voice said from behind me, and I turned my head to look at him. "Hi Fred."

"Bill. What's goin' on, man?"

"You need to let this man in. He's trying to make things right, okay? Please, let him in."

"I—I can't. I can't risk my job, and neither can Tom," he declared, referring to his colleague who was by his side. "I'm sorry."

"Look, Fred, right? If I don't come in, there would be consequences that your boss wouldn't like. I need to talk to him," I begged, looking at the two bodyguards.