Chapter 8:

Chapter 8:

“What? That’s impossible,” I said in disbelief. Immortality. It’s such a unique word, and being offered it seems like an impossible dream. “You can’t possibly offer me immortality,” I repeated, slowly shaking my head.

Jack kept his gaze, then calmly said, “I can’t offer it, but I know of someone who can. But you need to listen to me and do as I ask if you are to receive it.” My eyes narrowed, knowing that this was a trick of some sort. Why should I help Jack? He has done absolutely nothing but ruin my life, so why should I help stop BEN from killing. They are killers, and I am not getting in the way of stopping a killer. That would just get myself killed.

Shaking my head, I said, “I won’t help you.”

He did not like that I rejected his offer. Jack grabbed me by my arm, then yanked me towards the door. That hurt my wounded shoulder a bunch, so I let out a hiss of pain. “Let go of me! You can’t force me to help you.”

I was guided once again towards the killer mansion, my shoulder throbbing in pain. Jack was gripping me in the arm so hard that I felt some blood creep down my arm. It was painful, and I didn’t like it. I wasn’t even trying to get away, yet Jack seemed so impatient with me that he dug his grip so deep for no reason.

“Jack, please loosen your grip- it hurts,” I said, and then Jack stopped. He tightened his grip, and I let out a cry of pain.

“Why should I?” Jack asked in a low, innocent tone.

“Because it hurts, and if I’m going to help you then the least you could do is make my walk there comfortable,” I said, wincing slightly at the grip in my arm.

Jack kept his glare on me, and I felt it burn into my eyes. With a small growl, Jack released his grip and pushed me in front of him. “Keep walking,” he ordered. I smiled when I felt his grip on me release, and it felt great so I couldn’t help but smile.

We continued walking until we reached the mansion, and I heard a lot of noise come from there. There was this feeling in the air… It made me feel sick to my stomach and my head had this high pitched ring that pierced my ears. I stopped walking, and I clutched my hands to my stomach, feeling the stitches of my stomach wound.

Eyeless Jack turned to me, confused at first of why I was acting this way until he seemed to remember what was in that house. “Have you ever heard of the Slenderman?” Jack asked, grabbing my chin to force me to look up at him.

I nodded. I’ve heard of the Slenderman when I was younger, and my friends dared me to play the Slenderman game on the computer. It was creepy, I guess, but I don’t understand why the game had anything to do with the situation.

“He is here. You will feel his illness in the air and it will get worse before you get used to it,” Jack explained, slightly nudging my forward with his hand. My eyes widened, taking a few steps back.

“There is no way I’m going in there if Slenderman is in there,” I said, shaking my head and trying not to fall over.